Significant CPU usage spikes in low stress areas - caused by 'Rdr Thread'?

Yess, I have the same issue

1 Like

Do you have iGPU activated for the Fenix A320? Had the same issue and turned it back to CPU.

Disable NanoVG this is broken since AAU2 and causes this huge spikes and hot temperatures using PMDG and Fenix aircraft

1 Like

how do i do that?

Options > general options > experimental

1 Like

CPU 100% SPIKES Problem has appeared in my system after SU13, no stutters.
No PC problem because X-plane12 is OK

2 Likes

After four days MSFS has returned to the previous condition with any changes from my side.

After about a month of smooth sailing, after the last world update, getting the spikes again. Rtx4090 i9-12000k. Turned everything off, emptied community folder. Cleared NVidia cache, cleared rolling cache (which I don’t use) Still there.

Has anyone figured this out?

@Zeanuck - To be honest I’ve just learnt to live with it! There are very few votes on this thread so I guess most people don’t know about the issue or don’t care. However, I know the CPU spiking is real and not system/settings dependent as I’ve recently completely rebuild my gaming PC (now 7800X3D/RTX 4090/fresh Windows 11/Fresh MSFS) and still experience the CPU spikes :frowning:
(I should say that I notice them a lot less with the 7800X3D)

Edit: Ah I’ve just re-read your post with the screen shot. I think your issue is different to the one created this thread for. You are getting periodic CPU spikes. I described in my OP that these spikes I’m seeing are geographically based and not periodic. In other words if I’m parked at an airport I won’t see any spikes but if I move then at a certain (seemingly random) geographic location I’ll see a spike. This is repeatable.

1 Like