Sim crashes when loading in to BIKF (Keflavik)

Just to add that after 2 fatal attempts to land at BIKF, I subsequently crashed FS passing overhead (from BIRK to the West). Good to hear the devs are aware; I guess I’ll avoid even as a WP until fixed.

EDIT: Whoops, I now see it had already been noted that entering the area (i.e. loading BIKF scenery) seems to be the trigger.

crashing for me, too

The error persists …

The simulator crashes with different aircraft when approaching runway 19.

Okay I thought I was crazy…it crashed same exact spot right before the runway and came in with dreamliner both times!!!

You neither cannot land at BIKF nor depart because there is always CTD

1 Like

@CYB1682 Welcome to the forums.

This is a known issue and hopefully will be fixed soon.

1 Like

Yes, here a also a thread you can read a bit, what other users have reported about it:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/keflavik-bikf-ctd-can-anyone-replicate/170197

Like @tamalien said, it´s known and hopefully fixes with one of the next updated.

Hi,
tonight I flew from BIAR to BIKF with C172 all the way until the last 4 NM and there it was …CTD.
I have no problems with other airports until now. seldom
My computer i779600 with NVIDIA 2070 Super.

Yes, we all have it…please read the posts and have a look to the other linked thread

i have same problem, at the first attempt I still thought that my settings were causing the problem in connection with the fog, but now after the second approach in fine weather I realize that it is not my fault, but a game error that should be fixed as soon as possible … 6 Hours of flight time in the bucket

flown route: LFVP → BIKF with a A320N

my rig: i9 9900k, rtx2080, 32gb 3200mhz, running on m2 evo plus 1TB

Hello,

The game crash on the BIKF airport area.
It’s impossible load or land on this airport… the game always crash on this area

Please can you fix the issue please?
Regards

@ZorroZ787 Welcome to the forums.

Feel free to use the forum search function (the big magnifying glass at the top of the forum). You will find other threads that mention this exact issue and in fact it is a “known issue” as detailed in the “Known Issues” link at the top of the forum.

Hopefully (sooner rather than later) it will get corrected in an upcoming patch.

Ok thank you for your reply.
And sorry for not using the search function.

Regards

1 Like

Just had 2 , back to back CTD trying to land at this airport

BIKF does not work… This is really annoying because when you fly close to BIKF the sim will close. This means flying from Europe to America is not possible. Please fix this issue!

Flying from Europe to US does not work either because you fly over BIKF most often… This has to be fixed!

Tested it now and works for me with the new patch - hope you can get it resolved.

Fixed for me also in this update

fixed this time!

Works for me also,but the taxi ways are bad,with massive elevation changes,also a giant dip in the taxiway near the terminal. Performance is bad also.