Sim crashes when loading in to BIKF (Keflavik)

I have also the same problem. Crash to desktop at the last few seconds of loading the flight. Made a ticket. Are there people who can start a flight at BIKF?

1 Like

Support replied already to my ticket and they are aware of it and are saying that they are strongly working to solve the problem ! :+1: :blush:

Thanks for the fast response to it FS-Team

6 Likes

Nice :smiley:

Same problem here. Thanks for reporting
BIKF is Keflavik by the way

Yep, they know about this one. It is a Known Issue that they are working on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have pretty mediocre settings mostly low a few Medium, but I can’t complete a flight into BIKF (Iceland). Was on final 1mile out Nd it crashed. When I tried to reload it same thing. I tried spawning at what I would consider a more complex airport KJFK and it loaded fine. I tried KCLT fine.

So something at BIKF it doesn’t like.

Anyone can let me know if they can load it fly into BIKF?

Thanks.

Hey, the crashing at BIKF is currently an known issue and the team are aware. Hopefully a fix will come soon to solve this issue.

See here: - Known Issues -

Thanks. Gotta find another stop for fuel.

Is there list of airports with this issue being accumulated?

Me too, I choose fly fm BIRK TO BIKF, CTD when approach to RW19 BIKF. And CTD each time i load to BIKF fm map or plan ! NO Other airports get this error so far!

Yeah same here took me 30min to figure that something was wrong with the area. Thanks to the quick response on the forum I save myself a lot of time and frustration.

Of course there are 37000 airports likely there is another like this one out there.

Hi,

tried to fly across Iceland starting at BFIK. But the game closes itself everytime at the end of the loading screen. So I spawned at BIRK and flew there and as soon as I approached the area the game crashed again. So it seemes that the area is bugged.

Can anybody confirm this behavior? Would be cool, to know, if this is a general bug.

General bug since quite some time, shame it’s still here…

1 Like

I urge you to file a report using Zendesk https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new It’s the only way we will get these things changed. If enough of us do it, then they will take notice.

1 Like

It’s in known issues: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-modified-8-22-2020-

1 Like

Keflavik was the third airport I tried to fly from. Same crash here. Νο fix by the developers yet…
Good luck to select it out of the 37.000 airports…

1 Like

You can’t even get past the load screen when trying to fly out of Iceland.

Several people have reported having this issue, please file a bug report on Zendesk.

I found the same thing - reported to Zendesk. Got a message back quite quickly that they are aware and working on a solution.

1 Like

Another one. My planned flight was BIKF to BIVM and would crash on load in. Cessna Caravan.

CTD every time as I approach area.

1 Like