Sim freezes after entering into FMC

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

No - it is addon related, but happens on different addons, so must be latest SU15 beta issue.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes - using, but didn’t make any changes

Brief description of the issue:

When flying PMDG 737 (with latest 093 update) or Horizon 787 in different states of the flight, after putting something in FMC like direct, or DES FORECAST page, after pressing execute button sim freezes. The sound is still in the background, but on Volanta aircraft shows turning 360 degrees orbits. There is no way to click or move anything - controls, knobs etc. but I can easily press escape to get into the menu or so.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

none

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Happened twice on PMDG and once on Horizon - on PMDG on the climbout, just after putting short direct on the SID and before descent after filling up DES FORECAST page. On Horizon while editing the route on approach.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up:

Intel Core i5-9600KF
NVIDIA RTX 2060 SUPER
32GB RAM

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Nothing recorded, as it is a non-recovering freeze and MSFS has to be closed manually.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Have you checked your PMDG Op’s Center?
There is a small update there for PC users for this issue.

Yes, I’ve marked in the post that it happened on the updated version (latest version to be clear - .093). It also happens with the Horizon 787 so the issue must be connected with MSFS.

2 Likes

I believe it’s a wasm crash thats happening. Every since ive been on beta ive had muti0le times where stuff wouod justbstop working. Ive had to reload the sim multiple times before the pmdg stuff would actually work. Which leads to me thinking its a wasm issue with the recent update to msfs beta. It’s s happened in the 737 747 787 and the Longitude for me.