Sim Freezes when Loading into Airports/Airfields SU5 and WU6

So that worked? Interesting!

So this problem is repeatable, and can be worked around with a similar action. I don’t know what this shows, or proves, as I’m not a developer. Someone with more experience than me needs to look into this.
:thinking::pray:

Your system specs are completely different to mine, although they are still on the same platform. Intel based system, with an Nvidia GPU.

I’ve had it today freeze on series x after clicking ready to fly but I was going to an addon airport which I’m already having problems with and no jetways at Zurich. It’s happened three times now and even after a reinstall and turning off from power and this is just getting worse now.
CTD ticket with Zendesk and no reply for three days and it does make you wonder what’s going on!

There was a known issue with the G1000NXi where it could lead to an infinite loop during load, the latest update is reported to have fixed that if that’s a factor here.

1 Like

Wich and where is that “latest” update?

Presuming you installed the G1000 NXi from the marketplace, it would notify you of an available update in the content manager.

I deleted ORBX add-ons from my content manager now it loads just fine.

I had done a complete reinstall on series x yesterday and today it’s freezing every time after clicking ready to fly! So disappointing all this.

This is crazy. We pay a lot of money for this and it doing the same thing for me. Nothing seems to be working. We should go on a strike and ask for our money back. Asobo needs to fix this update right now!

I installed world update 2 USA a few days ago, didn’t fly to any US airports since then, tried to load into KJFK today and it freezes at the loading screen after clicking FLY. deletes the World update USA and I can load into KJFK no problems.

I’ll have to test with an empty community folder tomorrow to load into KJFK with the world update installed.

Anyone else noticed this too?

The thing is, I don’t want my money back. For me it would be a false economy. I have spent over £1000 on hardware, and software specifically for MSFS, so demanding my money back would be cutting my nose off to spite my face. And to be honest, I wouldn’t want my money back anyway. I want the bug eradicated.

My whole issue is, there has been zero acknowledgment from Asobo they are even looking into this bug. Nothing! Not a single forum moderator. Anyone from Zendesk specifically stating they are looking at this bug carefully. Nothing from the roadmap. Yes we know they are looking at CTD’s, but this isn’t a CTD. This is a freeze of the sim.

And if we were looking at any sort of fix in update 6, we are now going to have to wait a further two weeks. So anyone that is completely locked out of their sim, can’t load into any airports, must right now be feeling sick.

2 Likes

My freezing happened without any world updates installed. In a completely vanilla simulator.

1 Like

I know that the asking money back is a little to much. I sent a ticket to them and haven’t received anything yet. Asobo are being very rude about looking into this. This is very, very, very frustrating!

I have the same issue since about one week: Whenever I try to depart from EGLL (Heathrow) with my Premium-content installed (which includes a hand-crafted version of EGLL), the Sim freezes while loading, about 2/3 of the loading bar complete. Taking off from a different airport in UK and flying to EGLL works as well as loading a different airport and then switching to EGLL. However, I encountered a CTD after 1.5 hours flight after departing from EGLL in this case.

I do not experience any issues with the Premium Pack uninstalled. The UK world update apparently does not make any difference in this regard.

Community folder empty, no marketplace third party addons installed, traffic disabled (does not make any difference in my opinion).

I uninstalled the World update USA and I can load into KJFK no problems, guess I’ll wait and pray that Sim update 6 will fix the issue and I can reinstall world update USA. I have all other world updates installed and they work fine but I installed them before sim update 5 and the subsequent Hotfixes. Maybe that’s the problem, since it wasn’t installed prior to the updates, they weren’t fixed, I don’t know, this sim is so full of bugs, every time I start it, I have my fingers crossed that it won’t crash, it’s so frustrating when you did all your pre departure checks and you’re ready to go and bang! CTD!

Well just to add a little spice to the subject. I won’t have anyone tell me in Boring. This has been happening

It’s even started doing it now trying to get out of an airport/airfield.

What I would do to solve the freezing on the loading bar is goto an airfield very near where I want to fly. Load into that airfield, wait 30 seconds, then goto main menu, then load into the airfield I want to fly from. I can’t even do that now as this happens. It freezes when trying to get back to main menu. So not only do I have to worry about loading into an airport, its trying to get back to the main menu as well now.

My head is hurting so much from all this.

ähmm… what is “LogiMicrosoft…” ?

Also all these extra stuff like cam_helper.exe ( is it the nzxt mon software ?, with overlay ? ) … and seeing these Asus services makes me feel also not good.

May be you stop all your tools running in parallel and also check for not necessary asus tools / services ( and not use gpu tweak )… we seen often side-effects from such tools.

EDIT:
“LogiMicrosoft…” ?
I assume it is your panel software ? you start msfs over the logitech app ?

Hi I have the same problem, I have re-installed flightsim 4 times now and still have the same problem as you. The sim was working fine until the last update and now I cant fly from many of the uk main airports…

Read the whole of the thread buddy. You will see I have tried every configuration known to man, including reinstalling Windows 10, and having a completely vanilla install of MSFS as the only thing installed on the PC. No drivers. Nothing. Still froze.

Yes that is the Logitech Autopilot Panel. It freezes whether this is installed or not. It freezes whether NZXT Cam is installed or not.

1 Like

This has been happening on Xbox too.

Oh wow. Never knew that. Has it effected a lot of people? Has it been reported to the Devs, and if so have they acknowledged it?