Sim Freezes when Loading into Airports/Airfields SU5 and WU6

Did you get any response from your Ticket Tomb? I sent a reply to my ticket 4 days ago and radio silence. I believe Asobo are completely overwhelmed by all the bugs introduced by Update 5.

Call me a pessimist, but update 6 isn’t going to solve the freezing problems. They have too many excuses. Don’t overclock your system, remove all add ons, remove all programs from your PC, update Windows Store, remove all updates in Windows Store, Update Windows 10, roll back Windows 10, Roll back GPU Drivers, install latest GPU Drivers, install creator drivers, unplug all USB sockets. Etc…

Where do you start? Where does it end? I know this doesn’t help at all moaning about it, and I could just delete everything I have just said, but at the end of the day update 4 was as solid as a rock. So what happened? We need to know.

The reason I haven’t been replying to posts here is I am completely out of ideas for you all. My problem is solved with the load into a near airport workaround. I mean what is all that about? Why is loading into Benson in the UK unlock all the other airports around it, and around the World? Its bizarre :joy::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Exactly, I have no problem loading a non-market place airport nearby. Again, something between the marketplace add-on airports and SU5 broke. Causing lots of loading “hangs/freezes” for many folks.

1 Like

Hey BillUp
I immediately received an automatic answer: “Our team will respond as soon as they are able. Please note that due to a higher volume of tickets than normal it will take some time for your to receive a response.” That was clear anyway :rofl: :joy:

I hope that there will be an update for troubleshooting before SU6.
After SU4 I had massive problems in multiplayer playing. If someone flew with a livery nearby that you had not installed yourself, then everything started to jerk (every few seconds)
Many had the problem, and Asobo then fixed it with an update after 3-4 weeks.
I’ve always been afraid of the big updates, but many people feel that way.

I tried everything you mentioned. And a lot more. The only thing I didn’t was to reinstall Windows 10. :wink:

Hope dies last. Since so many have the problem, Asobo HAS to come up with something. I am rather optimistic. :+1:
In the meantime, I just play other games. What can I do … but wait :woozy_face:
Greetz

I´ve no CTD, only freeze on loading screen. And as i said, I have removed ALL addons :thinking: :sweat_smile:

That’s great news buddy, and gives me hope you’re right. Well its great news you think this can’t be overlooked, not great news for people like yourself having to deal with this on every load. Including myself. I still have the problem despite having the workaround.

After I reinstalled Windows 10, the problem vanished. Zero freezes at any airport/airfield. Yet as soon as I updated the sim with “patch 1” bang it was back. It was almost like it was an update bug, introducing an error to the sim. I still live in hope this is exactly what the problem is, and it is quite easy to troubleshoot and fix. The only reason it hasn’t been done yet is they want to be absolutely sure it doesn’t mess anything else up.

When you say play other games, you haven’t gone over to the darkside have you and reinstated P3D or Xplane? :joy::yum: In all honesty I wouldn’t blame you if you did.

:sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Don’t worry, no other flight simulator. I’m still on the light side of the force.
That would no longer work graphically after I’m used to Fs2020. Optically it was a huge step forward. (if it would work … lol) :woozy_face: (Playing other games like Assassins Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn, a little VR etc. to pass the time…) Right now I’m watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. One of my favorite spaghetti western movies

Right, SU5 worked, but the patches broke everything.
Being patient is a virtue” as my father used to say. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
You will see, soon everything works again … until SU6 :rofl: :joy:

Yup…I should have said “freeze” verses CTD. It is a freeze while loading to fly. Hoping they push a global fix, as it had to be effecting anyone that has add-on airports through the marketplace.

We need votes on this one.

me too :pray:

Oh don’t, that isn’t funny lol :rofl::joy: but I do think not everything will be fixed after Update 6. There just seems to be too many things not working right. Hopefully they pinpoint the most important fixes (the game breaking ones) and make sure they are resolved. As for the rest patients surely is a virtue. Go on Asobo - make my day :sunglasses:

I think its really important to make this distinction, as a CTD I would suggest will be harder to analyse. At least with a freeze you can troubleshoot while the freeze is taking place. A CTD has to be studied after the fact.

As for affecting people with add ons in the marketplace, this certainly is true, yet it also affected a lot of us with completely empty community folders, and freshly installed vanilla copies of MSFS.

I still think its an update issue. I would be interested to know if its only Windows Marketplace users affected by the freezing?

@Jummivana Has this bug been (BUG LOGGED) to the team? I see other bugs have been marked as such.

Thank you.

I have the steam version. To be honest, I also have the MS store version. But it caused so many problems that I switched to steam. And because I was late, I couldn’t cancel the MS store purchase. I think the problems are with both versions. :roll_eyes:

Well that’s that theory out of the window buddy. I’m really looking forward to Update 6 now. I really hope it fixes your issues so you can get back in the blue. And mine while I’m at it, but yours is far more important as you cannot fly at all. :woman_facepalming:

I hope that too. I miss flying :cry:
Asobo replied that:

We are still researching the root cause for issues such as this. Were you by chance in a multiplayer group shortly before these issues started? Do you know if the driver MSFS2020 is installed on is formatted in NTFS or exFAT?

So Asobo knows about the problems.
Next comes safe: Reinstall Windows! you will see :joy: :rofl:

Maybe they should contact FSDreamteam?:thinking:

I can’t load into either KORD or KMDW in Chicago. Loading bar freezes at 50%.

Ouch. They have no idea what is causing it.

No I wasn’t in a multiplayer group when it happened. My MSFS installation is on a freshly formatted NVME M.2 Adata SSD in NTFS format. Yet you would know this if you answered my support ticket and asked me.

I haven’t been rude, or angry (frustrated maybe). I’m not daft. You never get anywhere with being rude and aggressive to people so I’m not going to do it. So why ignore the valuable information I might be able to provide you?

So not only is my sim still broken after update 5, this thread isn’t marked as (BUG LOGGED), and you are ignoring my support ticket. Is there any wonder I’m slightly frustrated :grin: I’m also frustrated for the people who are suffering the same freezing.

For me the flightsim community are family. And this includes Asobo and Microsoft. There is no one more than me that wants MSFS to be a resounding success. I want it to be the best flightsim, completely unrivalled for years to come. And in less than a year you are half way there.

So please, keep us updated on what is going on. Let us know you are doing all you can to get this freezing issue sorted. Be completely open if you have too. Say you are struggling to find the cause. We will be a lot happier if we know you are at least trying to sort it out. Because of right now, all other bugs and issues seem on the surface to be taking priority.

With love. Chris :heart_eyes::grin:

1 Like

In my case, everything work after Update 5 and hotfixes till yesterday. From then on, everytime I decide to load any aiport in Great Britain, MSFS load to around 50% and then it “froze”. Only CTRL-Alt-Del help to get back to desktop. But I can load airports elsewhere (i.e. France, United States) without problem and MSFS works just great. What is wrong with GB in the sim?

1 Like

What more can i say buddy?? AMEN :pray: :wink:
Hang in there
Charlie

1 Like

Welcome to the forums Technic.

Have you tried going to RAF Benson in the South of England? Try loading into EGUB. If you get fully loaded, wait 60 seconds, load back to main menu, then try loading into your airport/airfield of choice (that was freezing). This worked for me.

Incidentally, what are your system specs? Including any GPU drivers. I’m interested to know if they match mine in any way?

Hallo! Thank You for the tip, it really works.
My system specs:
Intel (R) i9-9900L+ 3.60 GHz
GPU Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, Driver Standard, version 456.71
RAM 32.0 GB