Sim Freezes when Loading into Airports/Airfields SU5 and WU6

Are these airports Addon/Third Party airports?

Regular mfs scenery. No add ons.

Edit: sorry I didn’t read your post correctly. I thought you meant when approaching airports.

All I can suggest buddy is to do what I have been doing. Pick an airport/airfield that is very close to the one that you actually want to fly from, and try loading in. If you get to 100% and load into the sim, wait 60 seconds, go back to main menu, and try loading into the original airport/airfield you want to fly from. The sim should load all the way. It has been working for me.

Very interesting about completely flying “offline” as you describe. You are having almost the same issues as me. My sim freezes at 55%. I will try your technique a bit later to see if this does fix the issue? If it does, then this really narrows down what the problem might be? :+1::thinking:

Hey Chris
The problem is that I can’t get into a single airport. Also in none that is close to where I actually want to fly. No matter which one I take. Unless the online connection is switched off. Give it a try. I am very curious whether it will work for you. Please let me now. :+1: :pray:
Kind regards

I have the same issue, for me it seems like every airport I load, it will load correctly then like…9/10th of the way the progress bar freezes. Ive uninstalled, reinstalled (the massive update) and it will work ONCE then never again.

1 Like

I had my first freeze (left it for 15 mins to see if it would come back) and had to kill the process. It was towards the end of a flight. I noticed that I had 2 logical CPU cores running at 100% on my main thread. This indicates that a process within the game has locked up or it is trying to complete something and cannot. It occured for me when I was selecting a waypoint on the Garmin G1000NXI. Oh well… another bug that needs to be ironed out. Stops me from using these mods :frowning:

EDIT: The GarminNXI that is for download in the marketplace was the source of my CTDs and freezes. Uninstalled for now…

I have the issue, nothing in my community folder since its all stock from the marketplace. My community folder is empty.

Wow that is exactly what it was like for me before I reinstalled Windows 10. 99% of the airports I tried just froze during loading. It got better after I did the reinstall. Now I am able to fly using the method above.

Your issue is the worst it can be. Your sim is completely unplayable. I really suggest if you haven’t already is to put in a support ticket. With that support ticket attach an MSinfo and a screenshot or picture taken by your phone of the freeze.

I hear lots of people on these forums complain about the freezing, but just how many are actually putting in support tickets?

It is absolutely imperative everyone puts in a support ticket via Zendesk above.

I have no doubts it will get fixed eventually. I mean the sim worked flawlessly before Update 5.

I’m completely fresh out of ideas buddy, apart from doing what Tombstone suggested below

If this doesn’t work then you must send a support ticket to Asobo.

If anyone from Asobo is reading this thread - It is your 1st anniversary very soon, and you really don’t want it overshadowed by these awful problems your customers are suffering. I have no doubt you want to get to the bottom of it, so please tap into all the people here.

I’m on call whenever you need me. Send me a message and I will do whatever I can to help you get to the bottom of this before MSFS becomes a year old. Lets celebrate this incredible piece of software you have developed with all the MAJOR bugs ironed out.

Chris.

Using any 3rd party software in the background?
I was having an issue with OnAir company with the audio warnings turned on, would lock my whole system for like 30s then go back to normal, i was lucky because i had just decided to turn those audio calls on in sim so i figured to troubleshoot id turn that off and it hasn’t happened since.

Interesting I have seen this too. The game just freezes with the sound still running. I can hear the CPU fan drop out and look into task manager I can see the GPU and disk have no activity.

It is repeatable. I flew the same route loaded into the sim, KHIO to KTIM with RNVA 325 approach and the thing froze up at the same point on both flights heading into the approach.

1 Like

I just had this happen today flying the RNAV13 into KSGJ on the approach. Also happened yesterday. I’m wondering if the Garmin 1000 NXi has anything to do with it. I’ll try again with the standard Garmin.

It looks like I’m not an orphan. Yesterday worked fine after update. Used FBW A320 out of OTHH to UUEE. Today different story. Freezes when attempting to open flight. Emptied comm folder and tried default c172 at UUDD CTD first time froze 2nd and 3rd

I sent a support ticket to Asobo. let’s see what comes out of it. :wave: :eyes:

I have exactly the same issue. I have thrustmaster joystick and tca quadrant. Game freezes on loading screen. Everything is updated, including windows. Microsoft can you please sort these bugs out prior to launching new platforms or updates?

1 Like

I have the same behavior on my system, freezing while loading but music still on !

1 Like

Try removing the Orbx London add-on (of that’s where you’re having the issue) and try again. That fixed it for me unfortunately.

Thanks for the info, but I have removed ALL addons. Uninstalled all purchased items such as Orbx in the content manager, as well as uninstalled all add-ons in the community folder. I’ve considered all the troubleshooting information I could get. Unfortunately nothing helps. :unamused:
I can only get to an airport if I switch off ALL online connections. (live weather, multiplayer, Bing maps … etc.

1 Like

I’ve stopped flying at KORD, as I get the same CTD when trying to load. There’s definitely a compatibility issue with SU5 and marketplace add-ons.