Sim Freezes when using the 787

Hi
I am having an issue when using the787. It seems that when using the fmc the sim freezes. On two occasions I was on the legs page attempting to make some changes to my flight plan first it seems and if the FMC freezes but seconds after I cant do anything in the sim.

I had the same issue, with the Legs page. My last few flights it did not happen, so I don’t know what is selected in my flight plan that causes it. I was afraid to hit legs after it locked up the sim, It completely locks up the program, where I have to do a task manager to shut off…

I was not sure if it was VR related, like the TAB key for the menu, freezing all the controls, so your throttles no longer function…

1 Like

Same here after fiddling around with the FMC on ground.
Had to use the task manager to end MSFS. That was a new one to me.

1 Like

I have the same issue I think it is using the TAB key to bring up the menu in VR. Only seems to occur with the 787 Joystick and thruster are disabled. Mouse still works. It came right after 5 mins but pushing TAB key again brought issue back

Same here, just clicked the LEGS page while in cruise, the sim froze, never worked again, I hat to force close the sim. Have you guys reported it already?

I have been having the same issues too. At first I thought it was a 1 time thing, but after restarting it happened again. I was unable to nail down what exactly was causing my peripherals to stop working in VR, until I saw this post. On my end however, it doesn’t seem to be the LEGS page, but more like too many commands at once into the FMC (as in inputting all the preflight info at once). I can get away with it one item at a time and then flipping other switches and going back. The only thing that causes input freezes (except for the mouse) every time I use it, is the HUD.

This is so disappointing, because in VR, it is very difficult to read your airspeed etc. on the PFD on most airliners due to its distance/size, so having a working HUD was my shangri-la. I guess for now ill just have to get used to slamming my face into my desk or monitor trying to read my PFD. Oh well.

P.S. Is the HUD in the Longitude funtional?

Same issue here, like the other before.

No, it isn’t.

I have the same issue that my sim freezes most of the times before descend or on approach but with the 787 only. I also get graphics glitches only with the 787 every other flight. Reverse thrust does not work for me after landing as well only for the 787. Will this plane ever be bug free?
Besides that it would be a very beautiful plane with nice working autopilot and vnav, but having to gamble if you will make it to your destination or get stuck mid-air again or even worse run into CTD is frustrating.

1 Like