Sim now seems incapable of rendering overcast consistently or accurately using live weather

Ridiculous

I didn’t know there were so many volcanic eruptions in Vancouver!

1 Like

Nope me neither!

Exactly. Why do the clouds look this way? How do some find them acceptable?

Makes you almost want to cry doesn’t it, when you realise what we had, and what they have taken away from us.

5 Likes

I certainly feel the same way. I just don’t want to start the sim anymore and I tried using METAR based addons to at least simulate believable skies, but it is not the same experience. The integrated live weather system was really what created this immersive, seamless and interesting experience . I wasn’t just exploring places, but weather systems and weather peculiarities/oddities across the world.

4 Likes

7 Sim Updates before

5 Likes

Nice screenshots you posted above and I could not agree with you more, a great example of what we used to have in that last shot there.

Everyday I start the sim up in some vain hope that something has been tweaked on the backend and that I might see something that looks near realistic again but alias, all I see is an awful depiction of the weather. If this was some sort of middle ground we were in here in order to move forward I could live with that, but I don’t think that is the case here and if it is, why can they not tell us that. Surely the Dev’s can see what we are are seeing and compare back to their promotional trailers etc. Maybe they just don’t want to see it, don’t know, but it is as plain as day.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen anything remotely like this since SU7 and this was one of the best things about the weather system that was used before. These excellent layers.

4 Likes

I found the weather engine before SU7 really great. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: When it was said that it would be revised and improved I had only thought “Wow, what more can you do? :star_struck:”

I didn’t expect it to end in a nightmare
 :scream:

2 Likes

I admit - I was quite vocal in asking for haze. But I wanted haze, not ridiculous banks of low lying fog.

And I certainly didn’t expect them to remove all overcast layers from the sim and replace them with towering cumulus rising from the ground!

2 Likes

Yeah exactly. And for the most part I don’t even think this haze people complain of is actually that. I’d say 99% of the time it’s just the bug of clouds being in the ground which appears to be a ‘haze’

1 Like

Yes, i also thinks thats the problem here. Peoples say Haze or Mist, but its mostly just clouds on the ground.

Οctober 2020 , above Africa , somewhere between Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo near lake Albert. I lament and feel extremely nostalgic of those days. Live weather worked incredibly well. The only issue I remember was the clear skies (no live weather injection) bug.

We need some official answers concerning the current state of the weather in the sim. How long should we wait? Seriously.

Towering Cumulonimbus are visible in the horizon. I remember my amazement the moment I noticed them while I was checking for nearby afternoon storms on a real satellite-radar map (usual weather in the tropics). I was extremely pleased to see them there before landing at Entebbe airport.

Unfortunately, everything’s the same everywhere in the world after SU7.

9 Likes

Great shoots. :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

I think they have taken the month off. I would like to see an update from them as well, but have realized that won’t come most likely until after the first of the year. It’s frustrating because I agree the weather is definitely not improved over SU6. It’s completely broken now.

4 Likes

I have been reliably informed in another thread, that the next dev update is Thursday 2nd December. I really hope to see some info there about these weather issues. But it would not surprise me if they completely ignore it.

3 Likes

So, the beta is over, and this problem still very much exists. So brining this thread to the top again.

3 Likes

Yes it does. Especially those lower level overcast often is rendered as those convective towering clouds all the time instead.

2 Likes

And unfortunately nothing changed after the beta, cumuloninmbus clouds at ground in most places

2 Likes