Sim Skunk Works Leonardo (SIAI Marchetti) SF-260 AM

Something along these lines you mean?
jk3967 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

4 Likes

With a six-cylinder engine it’s not a Ferrari, but a ‘Dino’. :wink:

Thanks for the reply! Yeah something like that!
Maybe one with a thin Italian flag pin stripe down the length, and another with a thicker Italian racing ‘line’ over the roof like on a 430 Scuderia. Maybe a classic racing one like dark blue with roundels (racing numbers, white stripe), and sometimes using the Ferrari shield instead of the rectangle. I have lots of ideas! Maybe I should DM you some car images as inspiration later, to not derail this thread? :wink:

Haha, very good point! Let’s not mention the motor too much :slight_smile:

1 Like

all this talk of Ferraris brings back memories…
I’ve driven this one quite a bit

365 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

5 Likes

look what I found for inspiration:
SIAI-Marchetti SF-260 N53GP by Bruce Leibowitz, on Flickr

8 Likes

Yeahhh, nice!! I’ll have that one please haha :wink:

That 365 GT is beautiful too! You’ve driven it?! Wow! I’ve driven a few, but nothing that old heheh.

Have you seen the tribute cars Ferrari did? - modern road cars but done in I think 70 different themes, reflecting back on their history of 70 years of racing. That’s what I had in mind for aircraft liveries. Taking design cues from the classics but applying it to other body shapes.

EDIT: off-topic, sorry! But this link shows some of the popular ones - there are 70 though! These are Ferrari's 70th anniversary cars | Top Gear

EDIT AGAIN: Here they all are: All 70 Special Edition Liveries Ferrari Created for Its 70th Anniversary

Hello,
another footage that shows first test on SSW SF-260 spin characteristics.

SSW staff

7 Likes

Looking good! This will without a doubt be my next daily driver when it comes out.

Yet another shortage, just for fun
/SSW

1 Like