Sim Skunk Works Leonardo (SIAI Marchetti) SF-260 AM

Something along these lines you mean?
jk3967 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

4 Likes

With a six-cylinder engine itā€™s not a Ferrari, but a ā€˜Dinoā€™. :wink:

Thanks for the reply! Yeah something like that!
Maybe one with a thin Italian flag pin stripe down the length, and another with a thicker Italian racing ā€˜lineā€™ over the roof like on a 430 Scuderia. Maybe a classic racing one like dark blue with roundels (racing numbers, white stripe), and sometimes using the Ferrari shield instead of the rectangle. I have lots of ideas! Maybe I should DM you some car images as inspiration later, to not derail this thread? :wink:

Haha, very good point! Letā€™s not mention the motor too much :slight_smile:

1 Like

all this talk of Ferraris brings back memoriesā€¦
Iā€™ve driven this one quite a bit

365 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

5 Likes

look what I found for inspiration:
SIAI-Marchetti SF-260 N53GP by Bruce Leibowitz, on Flickr

9 Likes

Yeahhh, nice!! Iā€™ll have that one please haha :wink:

That 365 GT is beautiful too! Youā€™ve driven it?! Wow! Iā€™ve driven a few, but nothing that old heheh.

Have you seen the tribute cars Ferrari did? - modern road cars but done in I think 70 different themes, reflecting back on their history of 70 years of racing. Thatā€™s what I had in mind for aircraft liveries. Taking design cues from the classics but applying it to other body shapes.

EDIT: off-topic, sorry! But this link shows some of the popular ones - there are 70 though! These are Ferrari's 70th anniversary cars | Top Gear

EDIT AGAIN: Here they all are: All 70 Special Edition Liveries Ferrari Created for Its 70th Anniversary

Hello,
another footage that shows first test on SSW SF-260 spin characteristics.

SSW staff

7 Likes

Looking good! This will without a doubt be my next daily driver when it comes out.

Yet another shortage, just for fun
/SSW

4 Likes

Finalmente! Attesa da tempo.

Hello,
a footage that shows revised and enhanced spin characteristics.
thanks for watching.
/SSW

2 Likes

Hello,
a short footage of simple acro, just for fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Other than being admired for their elegance and sporty-sh look, Stelio Frati airplanes have always been highly respected as being truly ā€˜pilotā€™s airplanesā€™ due to the accuracy and lightness of their flying controls that respond to a fingertipā€™s input.
The well coordinated, smooth maneuvres shown in the footages are very promising indeed!
Thanks for sharing and looking forward for more :wink:

2 Likes

SSW Team, have you considered, once the SF-260 will be finished and released, to derive from this model the famous Fratiā€™s F8-L Falco?
Yes the Falco is different from the SF-260, mainly being of wooden construction and with smaller, lower power engine, still these airplanesā€™ geometry is quite similar in many parts and possibly the modeling effort will be affordable.
As I think you know, the revised construction and assembly drawings of the Falco, made by Sequoia Aircraft, are freely available in internet, as well as the very detailed aircraft specification manual.
For me, being a huge admirer of the Falco, I would buy it on a whim :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Cheers

2 Likes

Very excited to see the Marchetti SF 260 coming to MSFS 2020. The videos look great. I wanted to comment on the spin video though as the spin characteristics donā€™t seem realistic. The sf260 incipient phase of the spin (before the spin is fully developed) has the plane roll on itā€™s back. You can see it in this video I made a few years back (i canā€™t seem to be able to paste the url - maybe message me or send me your email if you want a link). I hope this helps improve your flight model. I would also be curious if the snap roll is behaving with your model (another kind of spin). Keep up the good work. Canā€™t wait to buy it!

Sorry Fratiā€™s project, even if should be considered as F 260 fatherā€™s is not on our road map.
After SF 260 will develop Lockheed T-33 A ā€œShooting Starā€ or Republic F84-F ā€œThunderstreakā€ (to be decided)
cheers
/SSW

7 Likes

Hello,
About pitch during spin flight manual says:
ā€œThe spin stabilizes after the third turn with nose down attitude and an indicated aiirpeed of approx 105 ktsā€
Which is close to what happens on the footage.
Note that SF260 is spin resistant, on the footage first turns you can see that it tries to exit from spin if you do not force full rudder travel.
We have saw and investigated several SF 260 spins footages, iā€™m afraid canā€™t get what you mean ā€œroll on is backā€.
If you have a link to what you mean please send the link at help-desk@simskunkworks.it it will be of great help.
/SSW

1 Like

Why not start a poll here to guide your decision? :wink:

[[MSFS] Siai Marchetti flight model testing - PreAlpha

1 Like

Hi, i sent you an email with a link to my video.

Also, i meant to write ā€œroll on its backā€¦ā€ Sorry about the typo.