Sim Stability & Addon Aircraft

I’ve had a roller coaster ride after each SU and WU. WU7 left me in a spot where a32NX doesn’t work. It leads to a CTD each time it is 80% through loading, after clicking Fly Now. Salty 747 doesn’t show the PFD and native aircraft are not much to talk about.

I don’t own the CRJ or DC6 so cant comment on how they fare post the WU and SU.

So, that said, with study level payware on the horizon, which will command a fair bit of price, I am left wondering whether to invest in them. This experience casts fair bit of uncertainty on sims stability after each release, potentially making expensive payware unusable till the next release.

I am eager to hear the community’s thoughts on the subject.

1 Like

Just be glad you’re not on Xbox, we’re fairing pretty bad over here. You guys on PC have a chance given the modding communities involvement in making mods that fix some of the issues. More and more I’m seeing that even on console we have differing and similar experiences at the same time.

I know some big changes are needing to happen within the coming months as the problems can’t keep piling up like this. They had better keep to their word about having a bug only fix.

1 Like

The CRJ is fine after SU7.
Only the AP and Baro push function of rotary buttons stopped working in VR (annoying, but certainly not game breaking)

It has been my #1 problem with this game since it was launched. The developer keeps making changes to core APIs and it breaks 3rd party planes (that people paid for) for months at a time. You can never quite trust the simulator. You would think that after a year they would have improved stability, but each update seems to make it worse.

The planes are rarely broken for months at a time…

… as long as you didn’t buy them on the Marketplace. Why Asobo/MSFT shoot themselves in the foot constantly with their slow approval of Marketplace patches is beyond me.

1 Like

Its annoying and I agree with your point about this can’t go on consistently breaking payware every SU, the DEVs alone must sigh and wonder if its worth the overhead sometimes, BUT, as @DaveR44 said above, aircraft are rarely broken for months at a time, its just a slight annoyance.

CRJs are pretty much fine.

If it only were the planes. They break hardware and key assignments as well. Making it nigh impossible for hompit builders to get a stable state of affairs.
And even if you use touch screens for docked out screens, your controls will lock as soon as you touch your docked out screens. Flight sims need to be a somewhat stable platform, both plane and periphery wise, considering the cost of investment. And even if you manage to get it working somewhat, the next month it is broken again for the mandatory next update.
So far Asobo has done a mediocre job there at best.

I can tell you this, I have a tremendous, and I mean TREMENDOUS, number of skins added to the game. I spent untold hours getting them working when I fist installed them and taking new screenshots for the thumbnails.

For the past three weeks, I have been working non-stop until the wee hours of the morning fixing the issues created by patching. You know a sim is unstable when it breaks the skins. It’s so bad that Flightsim.To had to put a banner on downloads to let you know if the skin you are downloading is compatible and functioning in the latest build. That’s great, but come next update, will the skins need to be fixed again? Rinse and repeat. I hardly ever get to play the game because I am fixing what MS breaks all the time. I’m sure the Devs, both Freeware and Payware, feel the same way.

It’s a mess and whoever is responsible for it at MS needs to get a grip on it or the community will eventually dwindle. Most would not spend the time to fix all the issues created after each update like me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.