Sim stalls midway through initial loading screen

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

sim stalls midway through loading screen. ‘Not responding and Power usage high’ in task manager

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not needed

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Restart, run in safe mode. Still occurs. Sim unreachable at the moment.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

AMD Driver Version
23.10.18.05-230725a-394471C-INTERNAL-AMD-Software-PRO-Edition

PC specs and peripheral set up:

CPU: 5800x3D, GPU 6900XT, 32G Ram

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Flight simulator did not appear in this list for today, even though I launched it twice.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current build as of Sep 6

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Hello @Grumpster123,
Are you enrolled in the beta?

Not enrolled in Beta. Just regular user of the sim

1 Like

It still does it. Been over a week now…I get the chevron/4 plane backspash image, but none of the scene tiles that typically populate on top in groups of 3. Stalls at the midpoint, with Power Usage ‘very high’ and CPU usage at 9 or 10 %

When i start game it somtimes makes it to welcome screen then crashes to desktop
No errors. I’v reinstalled steam. Reinstalled msfs2020
I have no add ons i updated my graphics card
H e l p
I7. Gtx 1050 8gb 32 ram runs perfectly on xbox not steam
Updated graphics card
Unisyalled msfs 2020
Unpluged wifi
It crashes ! Everytime i try to load it. It has ran flwlessly in the past
Win 10 fully updated
steam

Msfs2020 beta virsion

HELP PLEASE

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

App crashes during loading screen

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions [here] - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

1165481883125122596, Typ 4

Go through each of the following steps one at a time. Copy each line, one at a time , paste it into the Dos window (crtl + V) and press return

and it will then run. Wait until each runs and finishes before you move on to the next one.

When you are completely finished, Restart your computer and then try to see in MS2020 will start and run properly

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

RESTART your computer as the last step. Then go for a test flight.

I have made all the steps in your post, and no improvement. CDT at startup.

Have you seen that support article ?:

1 Like

Thank you, I have. I suspect it might be one firewall too much. I run Avira and Windows firewalls. At any rate when I disabled Windows Firewall, MSFS loaded properly. I will try to find out if I actually need Avira, as it is payware.

1 Like

Moved to User Support Hub Crashes (CTDs) that is more appropriate for community support.