Sim stuck on sign in screen

I would think so but I have never tried.
Everything is tied to your unique gamertag, so as long as permission from your PC is there you should be good to go. .

Oh well never mind, it was worth a try. MS wont let you create another user with the same MS account. Didnt want to play on FS anyway. Perhaps Iā€™ll just wait until the new version comes out, if I live that long!

1 Like

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to use the windows update blocker.

Itā€™s good you found something that works, but be aware that you may eventually not be able to use the sim if you do that.
The sim will change to comply with Windows updates, and if you donā€™t have the updates you will run into issues.

Its working again now but the xbox app wont update and i keep getting error messages about the microsoft store. I dont care, its working.

Youre right. Iā€™ve found that after windows updates the sim stops working and wants to update the xbox app, which creates an error message and also doesnt work. Dont ask me how it works but what I do is, system restore to the point of the win update, create another PC user, update xbox app on that user, restart PC, login to my usual user, which still creates xbox errors, ignore the errors, opt to not update xbox and FS works. Its a bit of a faff, but at least it keeps me going. Eventually, Iā€™ll probably have to reinstall windowsā€¦

1 Like

Hi Ten Patrol. Thank you very much for this info. I followed the instructions on Windows 11 pc, and it solved the ā€œStuck on Sign Inā€ problem. :wave: :grinning:

I am stuck also with anything in Windows 11 that needs to sign in, I just get a blank white sign in window with no way to get around it.

Nothing changed. Last time I used Windows 11 and Flight Sim it worked, now started it again and no go at all.

Edit: Never mind, I managed to unlink my Microsoft account to this machine and then link it back again. That worked. Phew!

Was getting very worried.

Of all the solutions I tried I havenā€™t seen this one (with the removed GamingServices first). I think that might have helped me.

For everyone else: My services were gone, I coulndā€™t start the ms store anymore and couldnā€™t start the xbox app, which I found out because my MFSM20 gave me the signing in screen.

The solution was to reset windows with a recovery disk and selecting keep my files but remove all apps. This took me about an hour to complete including. Considering the days/weeks I have put in trying to resolve this issue without the re-install I should have done that sooner ;-).

Hi @GJSGev ,
Welcome to the forums!
Another option would be to create a backup plan for your OS & MSFS - have a look at this thread:

Itā€™s easy to do & can save hours of re-installation & configuration. :slightly_smiling_face: