Try doing just this one as it seems to help some the most:

A) Disable Window Auto-tuning

• In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt
  • In the menu select “Run as administrator
  • Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
  • Press enter
  • Reboot your computer
1 Like

I already did according to your last reply. it will take time until I find out if the download process is running will cuz after I booted my PC the FS download manger is showing that I need to download 73GiBs.
appreciating your help :blossom:

Please show me how to reset back my internet connection to the original setting so I can do it after installing my update. :slight_smile:

Going on 8 hours working on this update… I realized it keeps restarting the pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.128.fspackage download.
I just ran “netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled” and restarted the computer.
The issue persists. This download just won’t finish. No error message. Just keeps restarting in an infinite loop.

4 Likes

To reverse it, change this line:
autotuninglevel=disabled
To:
autotuninglevel=normal

1 Like

Disabled IPv6 and restarted computer. The issue persists.

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I noticed that the FAQ in the thread Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) suggests the following, but I can’t seem to find where the files are downloading. A complete search of my hard drive for the file name came up empty. Not sure what to try next.

What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?

The first thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)

Did you try to look at this folder:
Mine are in:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Thanks for your input.

I see the directory C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\pc-fs-base-bigfiles , and inside it some decompressed files, last modified 2/19/21, but I can’t find the associated fspackage file, the one that keeps restarting.

The file just got up to 95% complete and then restarted again. (It usually restarts at around 10%-30%, so I was hopeful, and then my hopes were dashed.)

The file which is being downloading is saved in another temporary location, once it is completed it will be moved to the above folder, if it is a cabinet file it will be extracted and then deleted, usually after decompressing.

1 Like

That is what I figured. I just can’t find the temporary download location.

It downloaded and installed on the first 2 start up’s.

Was the exact same process, release notes text, size. The whole shebang. For some reason it felt it had to do it over.

First playthrough was janky as hell too! After 2nd start (and 2nd update) has been a bit better, but still some wierd stuff. Right now I’m seeing the game hang every time I restart a flight. Sits in the loading screen, high cpu usage, fairly high gpu…but it never loads me back to the airport. Can’t esc out, need to ctrl alt del and kill the game process.
I’m done fault finding for tonight. bed time.

1 Like

Same here…starts, restarts, restarts, restarts downloading the same file over and over and over, but never completes the file. did a search for *.fspackage to find the download location and nothing is returned. I have no idea how to make it stop the endless loop.

1 Like

Trying on a wired internet connection now. Still the same issue.

I’m on 1Gb ethernet on 100Mb internet connection and having the exact same problem

1 Like

Same issue here.

-edit: Please upvote the topic for visibility.

Any chance there are some logs I can inspect for error messages?

Coming from the linux world, all these shots in the dark are just maddening.

1 Like

unbelievable…every update has gone perfectly for me…until this one, and now I’m left with a $130 game I can’t play. All because of mandatory updates and the requirement to maintain constant online status to start the game.

1 Like

Perhaps this is one of the undesirable issues in FS 2020. the huge updates (AND) and if it’s not updated there will be no honey.

THIS DID NOT WORK
Okay, found the issue on my end…after starting msfs after it checks for updates, look at the download location. My install is on E: but the download location showed C:. If you click on the location window it opens a browser…and I selected my correct install location at
E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2798140993-778685438-1837869802-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

Install is now flying through files without restarting the dl on and endless loop!

1 Like