Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Sim Update #3 has been released, you can view the Patch Notes Here!

Please use this thread to discuss the latest update, version 1.14.5.0. Other topics created to discuss this thread may be merged here.

Frequently Asked Questions

What items were updated? Where can I read the release notes?

The link above contains the release notes.

Please note this does not include every single item that was updated.

Where can I find out about known issues

Click the link titled “Known Issues” in the hamburger menu, which is opened by clicking the button next to your profile picture on the navbar.

This page will be updated within a few days to reflect the latest patch.

How do I see my current version number?

Press Alt+Enter to change the program from full screen to windowed mode. The version number is at the top title bar of the window. Additionally, the version number is displayed by holding down Alt+Tab (above the window icon) or available in-game by clicking on your gamer tag profile icon from the top right of the main screen. The version name is displayed in the dialogue box under your gamer tag

Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?

While most of the time it is safe to leave files in the community folder, backing up files is never a bad idea. This can be done easily by moving the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch and replacing after testing the new version.

What is the file size of the update?

The main app update is approximately 1.03GB and the downloadable content when you run the sim is approx 9.09GiB

Note the size of the update depends on the version of the game you have purchased. Don’t be alarmed if the update is smaller or larger

Why were certain bugs or issues not included in the patch notes?

The patch notes don’t mention everything that has been updated. If you are still experiencing an issue then file a ticket on Zendesk , using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include as much detail as possible, including the version of the game you are running. Remember the forums are not the official platform for bug tracking.

This patch is part of an ongoing patch release, so if your issue isn’t patched this time it does not mean it won’t ever get fixed! Check out the #self-service:bugs-issues category to see if others are reporting the same issues (where you can also vote if you have the same issue)

The Known Issues page will be updated within a few days to reflect the updated bugs.

How do I see my FPS?

The quickest way to see FPS is to go Options>General > Developers > Developer Mode On (Remember to click apply and save F11)
Then from the new menu toolbar select Options>Display FPS

What should I do if the update doesn’t start automatically?

1. Check Windows 10 for updates. If any, restart your PC
  2. Manually check MS Store for Updates
  3. Then update MSFS

If this still doesn’t work, the best course of action is to log out, restart your computer, and log back in.

What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?

The first thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)

9 Likes

The million dollar question - have they finally fixed the bug that causes the AP to return to the last waypoint before navigating to the IAF once an approach is activated?

25 Likes

Nothing in there about that specifically. At first glance I think this is going to be a very underwhelming patch for serious/veteran simmers who were hoping for some of the big issues / missing features to be addressed.

23 Likes

Good question… has it been upvoted in the bug forum?

I know. It’s not because it’s not included in the patch notes that it hasn’t been fixed though. Many fixes are never mentioned in the notes.

However, this has been a bug plaguing the sim for months now. I was really hoping this would have been in this update, since this was the update to “fix” the Garmins.

Sadly, I’m at work for the next 4 hours, so I can’t try it till I get home.

Likely so, since it’s been in the bug forum since launch. I don’t know where that thread is specifically now though and whether or not it still lives after they reorganized the bug section some weeks ago.

2 Likes

Patch notes feel a bit underwhelming.

40 Likes

Honestly this update seems pretty insignificant. Yes, there are a lot of small minor changes, but the majority of significant issues have still not been addressed.

33 Likes

Looking good so far:

Got a respectable 150Mbps for the 787 package, and a little faster for the larger files as expected:

hmm that´s it ? fsx legacy liveries ? really ? who the … needs this ? give proper plane models and liveries for traffic ! also no major issues seems to be fixed, slightly dissappointed

27 Likes

It’s a meh update from what’s been fixed. I’ve just gone through the bug forum and looked at major bug reports and nothing’s been touched on those. Major aircraft system issues need sorting.

10 Likes

The negative comments already rolling in I can see.

Thanks Asobo for the update! Appreciate the work you do to make this a great simulator!

67 Likes

Popcorn and beer :beer: handy

4 Likes

They call this major patch ? Looks very underwhelming.

10 Likes

not possible due to licensing issue , as was explained like one thousand times , some liveries will come with france update though

5 Likes

From the patch notes, it looks like they hit a lot of the easy “low hanging fruit”. There’s no mention of any of the major issues unfortunately.

That doesn’t necessarily mean they didn’t fix other stuff as well. We’ll have to wait until people start playing it tosee how it plays out.

5 Likes

Still no fix for longitude unable to hold mach speeds when ascending or descending :frowning: And the plane is encrypted so no fix insight. Has been broken since launch.

3 Likes

Wondering what happened to the major G1000/G3000 improvements from the dev updates that had Sim Update 3 in the list…
Barely any changes to these Garmins in the release notes…

38 Likes

Previous known issues are not mentioned under the known issues list.

So, 6 months in, the Boeings still can’t hold a devent flightlevel.

2 Likes

I was hoping for a WT-like overhaul of them. Perhaps I was being naive. I’m still downloading at the moment, but we have to enjoy what we do get, rather than lament what we don’t! :slight_smile:

5 Likes