Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Yeah I am wondering the same thing. What happened here?

1 Like

Not seeing much about the G1000. I was hoping for at least a Track Up option so that the mod wouldn’t be necessary. Hopefully they will continue working on that.

1 Like

Yep better HUD projection in the 787 is so more important than the AP not working. Love the white knight comments they’re so helpful.

15 Likes
  • Wind panel UI update for wind and gusts settings

That’s it for the totally broken weather, seriously? What a disappointment yet AGAIN.

12 Likes

I think the problem is that everyone calls it something different and there is no consolidating thread to highlight the issue.

The MS Store version for Premium Deluxe will be 9.09GB.
Steam: 7.97GB

Additional Content will be in the Content Manager: Liveries

1 Like

So was I. From the patch notes, it doesn’t seem like much was done at all. Then again, based on the udpate track record, I tend to keep my expectations low. And so far, I haven’t been disappointed.

Sometimes, I hate being right.

6 Likes

its different due to version of the game , for standart gamepass it is only 4,36gb

3 Likes

Is VR performance improved ???

1 Like

“Live weather and wind readings not accurate” - nothing about that MAJOR issue in the release notes despite having Sim Update 3 as release since a few Dev Updates.
It’s a bit disappointing that we still have to live with wrong ATIS, wrong runways used etc.

15 Likes

how the contrails look so far ? any info about that?

3 Likes

I’m hoping for some more optimization for our systems

4 Likes

I’m sure there has been an awful lot of work gone into the update however unfortunately, for the casual simmer they will be hard pushed to notice any differences at all. The hot fix mending the flap bug will have been better received than what is disclosed on the release notes.

7 Likes

Why bother fixing something when you can just remove it? :upside_down_face:

Capture

Thanks MSFS, very cool.

10 Likes

Probably because these are now “new” known issues that have come about with this patch?

1 Like

The graphics are awesome. This was the first opportunity to see how serious they are about tackling the coding issues. Looks pretty disappointing, on the face of it.

4 Likes

More importantly, what is broken now?
Waiting to hear if there is inadvertent items, like last update like Flap issues.

2 Likes

Looks like a bunch of bug fixes but no new sim features which is a little disappointing if I can be honest.

4 Likes

No slow downloads this time around. I kept an eye out for the “fs-base-cgl” folder, which was the one stuck at 1Mbps for WU3, but it looks like only a small handful of those files got updated this time around:

No mention of anything in the release notes on VR performance improvements or any 2D improvements for that matter on general stability and better usage of CPUs. So unlikely that there us anything meaningful which is disappointing
but I suppose it will take a few days of usage for the community here to weigh in. I guess we wait for the summer update. Ugh.

3 Likes