Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

That’s exactly what I was looking for in the patch notes but so far I found only brighntess adjustments, really?

That was like the first feature within working title mods…

2 Likes

This patch is super underwhelming to say the least.

It’s mostly a random collection of aircraft bugs that should have been fixed months ago, some liveries, and one menu that has been discussed for 6 months now.

No major updates to the Garmins which are modeled terribly. No major updates to Live Weather which still has many documented problems.

I expect that as a simmer I will get new content every other month that is in kind with the eye candy new content that the gamers get in the world updates. This is nowhere near that amount of content. So many feedback items not addressed.

26 Likes

Well, we got contrails and some strange features which can slightly affect performance to simulate small deviations for individual aircraft. All while many of us still work around big issues with autopilot, wind, systems etc.

I’m not sure about the priorities here…

18 Likes

You mean other than the weather UI change, the ability to set a custom CG per flight, and a host of other things? You can now set the gust speed as a value, rather than a percentage of the overall wind:

7 Likes

Disappointing that there’s no VR optimisation yet

5 Likes

Hey, your plane now has contrails. That’s new, right? lol

11 Likes

No joke all these updates make me nervous as one thing may get resolved than you have ten other issues

6 Likes

FSX liveries? Seriously?

5 Likes

The “flap issue” which required a hot fix was caused by introducing incomplete components of the improved flight model. Do you know if the last hot fix introduced the complete improved flight model or just reverted the prematurely added part of it.
If not in the hot fix was the flight model improved in the SIM update 3 - there is nothing about it in the release notes.

4 Likes

Given the fact that pretty tiny changes are listed in the release notes, I doubt there are (intended!) bigger changes missing.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this post is sarcastic or serious.

7 Likes

Does anyone have footage of the new contrails effect?

Was tire smoke and prop/jet wash added as well in this update?

I’m sure it’s still impossible for keyboard players to keep straight at runways… and when in the air it’s al gone and flying straight is easy

Oh my god! They implemented OBS! :slight_smile:

19 Likes

One positive note so far though - typically within minutes of the patch launching, there are multiple posts about slow and / or stalled downloads, update errors, inability to start the sim, and a bunch of reports of newly discovered bugs.

As of me writing this, there are none yet.

18 Likes

Actually my download speed is surprisingly fast today compared to previous updates

4 Likes

Yeah, I topped out at 300Mbps for one set of files.

Well, that’s good to see. There’s one positive change undocumented in patch notes.

Asobo really need to improve their patch notes…

16 Likes

Wasn’t a new trailer supposed to release alongside this update?

Hoping it stays that way. Though if issues do arise please let us know here.

7 Likes