Sim update 1.14.5.0 re-downloading all the time

unbelievable…every update has gone perfectly for me…until this one, and now I’m left with a $130 game I can’t play. All because of mandatory updates and the requirement to maintain constant online status to start the game.

1 Like

Perhaps this is one of the undesirable issues in FS 2020. the huge updates (AND) and if it’s not updated there will be no honey.

THIS DID NOT WORK
Okay, found the issue on my end…after starting msfs after it checks for updates, look at the download location. My install is on E: but the download location showed C:. If you click on the location window it opens a browser…and I selected my correct install location at
E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2798140993-778685438-1837869802-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

Install is now flying through files without restarting the dl on and endless loop!

1 Like

My install is in the default location, on C. The updater is still pointing to the correct location.

Yeah, I spoke too soon. Mine got about 1.75GB into the update and now keep restarting some fs-base-bigfile etc. so I guess that didn’t fix it for me.

My update keep restarting download of asobo-aircraft-b787-10.0.1.57.fspackage.

The level of completeness is random. Sometime it restart after 60%, sometime before 30%. First time encountering this since launch.

got to 630MB on the bigfiles dl and it started it over…how is it possible to F something up this badly?!

1 Like

I tried “resetting” MSFS in the windows apps menu and now MSFS is gone. I thought “uninstall” is what removes a program…guess “reset” uninstalls MSFS, so now I get to do a new install…this is great!
Guess it’s back to P3D for me.

After 5th restart of fs2020, the file seems to ‘survive’ the download and proceed with other files. But now it is stuck at another file c152…
This makes me wonder if it is related to server shut-out connection or PC close the connection halfway.

And now trying to reinstall the sim, after doing a reset in windows apps of MSFS (which actually deleted the sim), I get the same endless download loop…and only 157GB to go.

Perhaps, try to download again tomorrow.

I should send a bill to MS for my internet this month. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

So I finally got the pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.128.fspackage download to finish. I ended up connecting to my work VPN and it completed on the first try.

Not conclusive, but my hunch is that MS’s edge servers were terminating connections from my IP for some reason.

Anyone else experiencing this issue, if you’re able to connect to a VPN while you do the update, give it a shot and report your results.

Well well well Microsoft…thank you very much for this bugfest…Cant download latest update, autotuning not helped, turning off IPv6, not helped, slowing down my internet connection not helped

Everyone have problem with pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.128.fspackage, I dont think so that it is issue on users side…

1 Like

Same here as many of the rest: pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.128.fspackage is where I enter the endless loop. I hit looping a couple of times earlier in downloading the 9.03 GB or so file after no issues with the Windows Store precursor file. In those instances, rebooting the PC and router/modem helped. Never had this issue downloading before. MFS is on my D: drive in its own folder. The usual AV off, earlier suggestions regarding turning off autotuning and IPv6 applied, all not help.

Same issues here , pse post solution if you find - tks

Finally got it downloaded, just got TMeter installed and planning to try the ‘rate limiter’ method. Before that happens, the endless loop of downloading a file vanish and all went smoothly after that. There are new vanilla liveries, nice. Perhaps the installer is afraid of the TMeter…just joking, definitely not.

What did I do? Frankly speaking, nothing but patience and stay calm. In the morning, the download just kept getting interrupted and restart. I tried my work VPN, it did help to download a file successfully, but I can’t use it as it is audited. Once I disconnect from VPN, it got stuck at another file.

In the morning, i notice connections to azure cloud with speed of 10-20Mbps. In the evening, it ‘switch’ over to aws west coast server and speed was around 15-50+Mbps. Most likely, I think the download server is overwhelmed. Seems like all large update has to be downloaded at night from my region.

This may not be the same cause for everyone experiencing download problem. But I think patience is important. Assuming that update release on T day. Give it some time before trying again, if download fails and persist after T + 2 days, something is not right. Serving 10Gb of files to large audience can be a challenge even for the cloud storage. Imagine having to serve 10Gb x 20k users with varying bandwith. But, if this is going to be the standard way of delivering large updates, MS should consider enabling resume file download feature so everyone can pause and continue later.

The other option is to use a proxy or VPN. Good Luck and happy flying.

BTW, the vanilla A320N track/FPA feature do not work. Once I enable it, the plane just start to turn to the right.

3 Likes

Only way I’ve been able to keep downloads from failing and restarting over and over is to change the connection speed on my ethernet adapter. Was at 1Gb/s, changed to 100Mb\s and for whatever reason the downloads are completing successfully.

Tried again today and the updating was able to complete. I wonder what the actual issue was.

I think ms servers are overloaded on first few days of release