Sim update 4 and working title 1000 and 3000 mods

With the new sim update 4 do i still need to implement the working title mods g1000 and g3000. Also is the tbm930 improvement mod required.

Working title - YES

TMB - I would remove that (along with all other default airplane flight model tweaks), because the tweaks inside it might conflict with the ones done by Asobo.

Hi lkowgli Thanks for your reply that has set my mind at rest. Thanks again.

What are the benefits of the WT G1000 compared to the stock version after this patch? I did one flight with the stock version and VOR navigation was working fine.

Changes to the core sim code that stream in WT’s mods are not expected until Sim Update 5 or later. WT continues to keep up their mods until such time as the code gets committed and integrated into the sim itself.

You can always get the latest packages here:

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/

1 Like

The TBM has the G3000, not G1000. But I would assume that also the WT G1000 is a completely different level than the stock ones.
For VOR navigation you don’t need a GPS/nav unit at all :slight_smile: Just a NAV radio. You can do that on a C152.

I was waiting and wondering to hear this. Good news. Finally Garmins will be implemented on the core sim ! Thanks for the share. I hope we will get some major improvements on G1000 as well as on G3000 and CJ4. G1000 progress is obviously lacking behind of the other glass cockpits.

Kind regards.

Most annoying is, that you have to make a decission to use the OBS function with the stock G1000 or to have no OBS function with the otherwise far better WT G1000. So I resorted to the GTN750 whenever possible.

1 Like