Sim update 5 broke trim wheel - cant fly classic 172

SU5 cure the trim wheel on my Bravo Throttle, works great now, even with C-172.

I think it’s all right too, be it on the sensitive side. Still I’ve voted for the issue, because after I think that people should be able to tweak the sensitivity to tune it to their taste.

There is big difference between Bravo throttle and Saitek trim and others

Bravo throttle use virtual buttons to simulate trim wheel and connected to trim up and down buttons in control settings
Saitek trim use real wheel encoder and connected to trim axis in control settings

this issue linked to trim axis

2 Likes

I have read that very many people complain about hypersensitive trim, so I am afraid that this fix for Bravo will only be temporary, I recommend everyone who has used vJoy fix with the Bravo not to uninstall it yet.

That might be it. I fly with the Bravo trim. Thanks for clarifying.

Since update 5 i have lost my rudder trim. Elevator trim works well but rudder trim does nothing. Tried reassigning to another switch in case it was a controller problem and its the same. Something in update 5 has buggered the rudder trim

Just done some troubleshooting. Rudder trim no longer works on controller no matter what buttons you assign to it. Rudder trim on keyboard works going right but not going left. Hope they come up with a fix soon.

Yeah, the trim is screwed up, can’t make smooth tune, way too more sensitive, this is just awfull.

1 Like

Same problem with Extra 330LT and Logitech X56

Dear Friends,

I am using a Saitek x52 pro controller. Before this sim update 5 elevator trim wheel was operating perfectly in every single aircaft. But now it seems to work in Cesna 172 only %50 up and down. In Icon A5 it s not operating, not controlling trim. In A 320 neo %50 up %38 down. So i tried to clean uninstall and reinstall game 2 times but nothing has solved. So unplugged saitek and delete all profiles of controller and remapped everything from the very beginning. but couldn t be able to solve the issue. Only the elevator trim wheel doesn t work. I tried to change sensitivity properties but nothing has changed. Whatelse can be done ? By the way in SDK developper mode in errors department i can see saitek x52 pro r axis fault. But i am not software developper so i can t cope with the issue. If anyone can help with this problem? Any solution for this?

same problem. the -100 + 100 trim axis no longer works practically. Only with the cessna c172 it works at 50%. The desire to play is passing away. I believe at this point I will wait for a fix from Asobo before using MSFS 2020 again

I’m having the same issue! I’m still learning flying and I keep going up and down and I was wondering if it was me not doing something right. Maybe auto trim would be a good idea.

You can also just use the physical trim wheel in the aircraft using your mouse.

I have the same problem since the Simupdate 5 with the broken Trimfunction in the Cessna 172 Classic. It is unflyable. Have you already report it to zendesk? Perhaps you can give this blog free for voting? In hope they will fix it soon.

Well so after updating the Premium deluxe via Content manager - it FIXED my C172!

Go to content manager > update the Deluxe/Premium Deluxe content and it will solve your issues!

1 Like

No problems here with C152, C172, C182T or Seneca V. it works as it should. I use two buttons of my Airbus TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition for trimming.

I have update everything in the content manager. It doesn’t work with a periphal trim wheel as it should. Are you a simmer or a real pilot? Perhaps you don’t know how it should react in real :slight_smile:

Which version has your Cessna 172 Classic in the content manager? The trim in the Cessna 172 G1000 works, but not in the Classic.

You use buttons to trim. That is not the same as using a periphal trim wheel like the saitek cessna trimwheel or some other.

I’m both a real pilot and a simmer.
the trim wheel and the fuel selector on the c172 classic were broken .
the trim used to go all the way up/middle/down, and the fuel selector was inoperative.
after updating it looks like everything works like how it should

Okay. So you use a periphal Trimwheel like the Saitek Cessna Trimwheel or like the Honeycomb Bravo. And the Trimwheel of the Cessna 172 Classic is not too sensitive, jumps and makes a strange click sound? It reacts in your sim like in real life?

I am up to date in the content manager and for me the trim Function in the Cessna 172 Classic is still broken. Only in the Cessna 172 G1000 it is okay.

Which Version shows your Cessna 172 Classic in the content manager?

1 Like