Sim Update 5 performance before and after

This will take 20 hrs to download.

1 Like

Update takes like forever. For a while I was getting chunks of data at up to 300 MBit/s for a few seconds and then nothing for up to a minute. Now it is chunks of data at up to 200 KBit/s.
13% done within an hour of downloading.

This is painful.

This is normal for a system that is moving multiple files. 40GB of multiple files takes longer than a 40GB single package. It’s networking 101.

1 Like

So sad, GPU during Update near 100% Why ? I will Need about 5h.

limit your GPU to 30fps in Nvidia control panel

My GPU is sat at 31C

I cant even get to the download stage, game crashes every time and if i get to “checking for updates” it has a connection error saying “online services are unreachable”, only ever done this today when the update came out. can anyone help?

1 Like

yes, wait a while or use a VPN to download from a different server, it is very obviously overloaded.

i will try use a VPN, thank you for replying

Well I wouldn’t call one hour for 4 GB of download “normal” in any way for a 1 GBit internet connection. I would also not call it normal to drive the GPU to 99% of usage while just displaying a single progress bar.

4 Likes

Not doing that to my GPU… maybe it’s dust?

Limit your GPU to 30 fps, it is probably spitting out 1000 fps at the moment sat on the download screen

It’s runaway FPS in the menu. Lots of games do it. Amazon’s New World just killed dozens of 3090s because of it. I just went in and set a cap for the time being.

1 Like

no issue here, compared with the gpu load of former updates: here 16%

and msfs use up to 20%…

Totally agree. I´m seriously thinking about getting a motion platform for my VR and that´s it.

1 Like

Thanks for the networking lesson. Wouldn’t it then make sense to package large updates like these rather than download individual files? This is not “normal” for anything other than MSFS. All of my Steam downloads and updates regardless of size are at least 10x faster, same goes for every other game launcher I’ve ever used.

1 Like

Same here GPU 43% cpu 57%…

I would like to know what FPS results can be achieved with RTX 3060, 3060TI, 3070, 3070TI video cards, in near-ground flight, in photometric cities?

1 Like

is everyone elses update 40.29GB? seems very large

1 Like

Yes they said the sizes on discord.

Yes it is, updates are always huge…