Sim Update 5 performance before and after

Release date is 1500Z 7/27, or, 11 am EDT tomorrow. But you can use that time to fly in the meantime :slight_smile:

Not to much high hopes. They still havnt implemented 1 fully functioning plane in the flight sim and its been nearly a year since release. 1 year to fix the fps solution says it all. I can’t wait to come back here tomorrow though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are a few fully functioning planes out now - they’re just from 3rd parties, as they are for all flight sims - other than DCS I guess?

4 Likes

Thank you for advising on time of release of UD5.

Photogrametry

performance is fine 60fps high setting i9-9900kf 2070rtx 1440p, what’s not ok is this air temperature with live weather

I have like a mid-range system. By no means does this speak for all systems, nor meant to be accurate. Just an idea.
Before: SU5
Type: Night IFR
Plane: FBW A320nx, default livery
Departing Airport: Newark NJ (KEWR)
Cruise: FL370
Arrival: Miami, FL (KMIA)
Graphics Settings: High end, Live Weather, Live AI
Stats (as measured by Radeon 5500XT @1080p, R7 2700x @4ghz, 32gb DDR4 @ 2933mhz):
FPS 20fps@ EWR, 28-31@ CRZ, 19fps@ MIA
GPU 50-90%@ EWR, 70-100%@ CRZ, Inconclusive@ MIA (was not consistent)
MEM 20gb@ EWR, 15gb@ CRZ, 18gb@ MIA
CPU 25%@ EWR, 15-20%@ CRZ, @ MIA
VRAM 7.2gb@ EWR, 6.5gb@ CRZ, 7.4gb@ MIA

After SU5 (to be filled in later)
Type:
Plane:
Departing Airport:
Cruise:
Arrival:
Graphics Settings:
Stats (as measured by Radeon 5500XT @1080p, R7 2700x @4ghz, 32gb DDR4 @ 2933mhz):
FPS
GPU
MEM
CPU
VRAM

Length of Flight:

Regarding GPU usage at miami: The utilization varied between 20 and 90 per cent and spiked in a manner to that looked consistent. But i would say i didn’t get a good reading.

Results may vary from system to system. See you in the skies!

1 Like

I beleive they also moved some of the processing out of the main thread to utilise additional cores. Proof will be in the pudding as they say :smiley:

2 Likes

Anyone know when this will hit the servers? An hour to the 27th here on the west coast of north America!

So, is this going to be a morning of the 27th at Microsoft in Washington sort of thing or a morning of the 27th in France, Asobo time? Or is this a midnight on PST kind of thing??

Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available to play on Xbox Series X|S July 27th starting at 8:00 am PDT (1500Z) worldwide.

Sounds like a good bet SU5 won’t be available until then. 9 more hours!!!

Yeah I agree. And the autopilot still doesn’t work correctly. Haha.

Im running a gaming laptop

i7-10750h
RTX2060
16GB ram

and to be fair most vanilla areas i can hit 25-40fps BUT when i fly near ie LONDON, LA, PARIS or the cpu killer JFK it can drop down to 10-15 fps, now i know its not a top end spec laptop but it aint too shabby either so it is a slight kick in the old nut sack :rofl:, i would love to download the new update later today, fly over on to JFK and be able to get a beautiful CONSISTANT 31 fps :grin::crossed_fingers:t3:

I’ve already done the Pre Update Benchmarks, will do the Post Update ones tonight hopefully. All in VR so will be creating a thread in the VR Hardware & Performance section of the forum.

2 Likes

I also play on laptop but with 2070. I usually have around 35fps depending on the location all ultra.

1 Like

oh wow nice ! i run on medium - high settings and like i say most places can get around 35-45fps such as yourself but be nice to get a steady frame rate, 30+ over EVERY location including the JFK’s and PARIS etc, it shouldnt be a request really should just be part of the game we paid for especially as the recommended spec are reached by both of us, but hey tonite could be a game changer :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the comparison. Yesterday I had 15fps with the following settings:

• Where: on the Glideslope EDDF runway 25R
  • Airplane: A320 FBW
  • Scenery: MSFS platinum edition + orbs Frankfurt scenery
  • Traffic: All players + AI enabled
  • Weather: Few clouds 20:00 CEST
  • PC: AMD 5800X, AMD 6900XT, 32GB RAM, SSD. I runt he Sim
  • Monitor: 34", VSync off, 1440p resolution
  • Game settings: Ultra, render scale at 100%
4 Likes

i aint got any latest data to compare, and im ashamed to say it but for the last month or 2 i havent touched it as last flight i done was from a hand crafted BIRMINGHAM airport ( 25fps ) to PARIS airport ( 9-15fps ) and it knocked my neck in as i say i run on medium to high so felt like i was hitting my head against wall, then i saw the news about a performance up date and my flight sim heart started to grow again :blue_heart: so :crossed_fingers:t3: its not a let down and i can get back into the skies once again, i dunno what was harder…trying to hit more than 25fps at JFK or trying to find a joystick after game release :rofl:

1 Like

why ? … if your eyes have currently not an issue with the performance, you dont need measurements. Instead spend these time into an flight :wink:

2 Likes

5:30PM on July 27th here in Japan. Still no update, looking forward to it! But too lazy to get framerates or equivalent.