Sim Update 5 performance before and after

not all add-ons seems compatible for now… e.g. EGLC let freeze the game… de-installing the add-on works. Thus… just a little bit work left :rofl:

Just finishing updates here.

If anyone’s experiencing some unusual stutter and weird looking photogrammetry after the update, folks on other forums have said they had same thing and clearing the rolling cache seemed to cure it.

Does the fly by wire a320 work?. In my case when I start a flight with it, the sim crashes.

How can i clear the rolling cache?

click on General Options / Data

then “Delete” rolling cache

I use the external FBW installer and ran the dev version today. It worked fine for me flying from LAX. Some people who use the in-game version reported problems.

Massive improvements here, cannot be more pleased with Asobo. i7 4790K and a GTX1070 so an older system, which in GA aircraft here in the UK was sticking to around 30fps either in 1080p or in VR. And now the test I’ve just done is a solid 45fps but only because I’d also previously locked the max rate to 45. So will be a little higher when I do another test later. Very pleased with this, good stuff.

Edit - removed the 45 cap and it’s maxing out at 55fps, which is pretty good I think. 24GB too, didn’t mention that earlier.

2k ft cruise over Oxfordshire in the 172 with the updated WT G3000 in the 172 and low glass cockpit refresh gives 45fps in VR, too.

Overall I’m very happy with this, although I do concede that some of the camera controls are now a little annoying. Will get used to them but as I fly mostly in VR, not much of an issue.

Thanks Asobo - excellent stuff!

2 Likes

Update is ok, but the smoothness still isn’t exactly as before. They definitely got some more polishing to do. Also, I’d much rather have 30-40 fps, rather than 60, but none of those pop-ins…they’re immersion killers.

I’ve only tried with 3080 and 5900x at this stage. (below is testing with 747-800)

Very noticeable improvement in VR. I’m guessing an improvement of 10FPS or more. Almost no random stutters.

Night flying performance is now just as good as daytime (for me it was quite a bit worse prior to update)

Loading time for launching the game and getting to the main menu is about the same as before, but going from main menu to actually flying may have halved.

Soooooo close to being able to run reprojection constantly for 90fps in headset while over New York. It just drops out every now and then with some stutter.

Looking really good so far :+1: :+1:

Edit - a few issues;

I’ve got pop-ins too (probably the most disappointing thing so far), they are worse than prior versions. It’s mostly buildings that appear out of nowhere or morph into different shapes as I approach them. So far, trees no longer pop in up close which I think is good… Fortunately however, the pop-ins don’t reset when turning my head in VR, unlike what others report with track-ir in 2d.

If I cntrl+tab out of VR and go back in, I sometimes end up with a black screen in VR

It won’t remember the last location I took off from

A CTD at loading the game

A CTD as the flight began

2 Likes

Only one flight in the 172 classic so far but looks very good. +60 fps, very smooth, no stutters, faster loading. Will now crank up settings from very high to ultra.
i9-9900K/3070 super/32GB

1 Like

Oh, I think there are other bugs too… but getting the stutter ironed out was a big win IMO.

You mean the FPS display in the upper-right corner of my screen-shots? Set Options → General → Developers → Developer Mode. That toggles the DevMode menubar along the top of your screen. From there, choose Options → Display FPS to toggle that display.

I had a similar experience with the FBW installer. No problems. Did not try the marketplace installation.

Update with SU5: 35-40fps :scream:. But I had same issues (no AIRAC somehow, therefore no IFR + I had pop ups in external view), so I will re-test tonight.

Same here. Any workaround would be appreciated.

Anyone else had their Gpu now handle it much better than before but the CPU much worse? Have I done it wrong somehow :joy:

1 Like

Prior to SU5 I was getting between 10 & 30 FPS. Since the update I’m getting between 20 & 40 FPS.

The performance increase is noticeable for me although the sim seems to have lost some stability.

I am getting a lot of CTDs at various points, particularly when loading the sim or whilst waiting for a flight to load. I have disabled AI aircraft and the only thing in my community folder is the FBW A32NX (which I clean installed post update). It’s a bit frustrating as I’ve rarely had CTDs before.

System Specs - Running the ‘High Preset’.

Intel I7-860
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR3 RAM
1TB Samsung SSD

LG 27GL83A 27’’ running 1440p

I’m hoping to build a new system at some point as I’m pushing it with my CPU. Utilization has always been pretty high regardless of the settings & what sim build I’ve been running - Not really surprising.

This is how it changed for me:

1 Like

Even with all the bugs, flying at night is amazing now :smiley:

3 Likes

Probably due to VSync. Best to use nvidia cp to just limit the FPS to 30