Sim Update 7 Live Weather regression - a broken mess

This is also one of those things I meant. Besides, they should not try to represent the whole weather system by some “puffy cumulus” and cumulus clouds, they should be able to represent the cloud coverage (e.g. BRKxxxx) correctly as well as a smooth transition to the high level clouds from the meteoblue data or stations that have no data “onroute” and do not represent them by these “eternal distributed” cumulus clouds etc. etc. etc. …
This may look good in certain situations, also for screenshots (but what you should also consider, even smaller clouds cast cloud shadows btw.) but after the few test flights and posted screenshots everything looks the same. Besides, I had haze where it should not be and where it should be just not…
It’s not about complaining on a high level, it just doesn’t work !
That certain values with Meteoblue or forecast are not “correctly” displayed (e.g. visibility layer, fog) is a problem no question - but what is here I see neither plausible nor really correct (except for a few situations) !
Anyone is an IRL a pilot on these topics/threads then please look at my test flight of the LEIB-EDDS - and tell me if that is “realistic” or whatever you can say about it !

This is neither realistic, nor accurate, nor usable for VATSIM, nor for leisurely evening flights! Above all, I had windshits and other anomalies all the time!
I know Stratus and Cirrus etc. was not the thing of the MSFS before SU7 but the weather was simply presented as something “I know” more “realistic”!
If you make it even more accurate by METAR, TAF, or satellite imagery (visibilitylayer, fog, etc) well then we are all happy anyway - but this was just shot out too early - it’s kind of like if DX12 had not been made optional but as what we have now!
Active Sky just did it (but only from P3D) and partly Weather Force, because they used additional cloud types, many sources and other tricks and tweaks, but we all know how long that took.

And can anyone show me screenshots that show something like this with the “new” method"(and I have 100,000 of them and they are not the best, date and version are included in the picture name)

btw bad visibility over Helsinki !

and so on and so on

and now we have this:

10 Likes