Sim Update 7 Live Weather regression - a broken mess

Feels the same actually. I can’t see potential in this weather engine that is now. Before i could feel it had huge potential. With varied winds pre su4 with dynamic clouds moving in the direction that was predicted pre su7. Now i see static clouds or fog. Static winds from METAR set in stone at that rate, not realistic in my opinion.

Nope rather turning into P3D with improved visuals. Just because people think if it ain’t P3D it ain’t realistic or faulty or whatever, because it’s what everyone is/was used to.
But gathering all the talks here it might indeed be buggy and due to servers issues the weather problems we are facing. So let’s just take a deep breath, maybe wait a few days and see what it’s really about. I am taking a break from flying doing other stuff in the meantime.
P3D had it’s own states it couldn’t be used for a bit when new updates arrive. So nothing new there for me.

Yeah I totally get what you’re saying and agree with it. Everyone’s circumstances are different, for me personally I have very limited days off, and again they’ve passed by with me not being able to use MSFS for what I want to use it for. Now today is the same story and I’m back at work before I know it. That’s where personally I find this very frustrating. I would rather the devs say hey look, we know there’s issues, we’re working on them and here is what we have found, here is what you can expect to see (i.e. server outages) just so at least I KNOW, so I don’t waste my time planning to do some flying to only load up and it not work.

2 Likes

last weekend when the update was release I planned to stay home to enjoy the update…turned out i am so turned off from the ugly weather we have now in game that I can’t even bring myself to play MFS :frowning:

2 Likes

I fear that in absence of some quickly identifiable issue & or a ‘hotfix’ or an online/server side tweak/solution, no fixes will be forthcoming until SU8 (late Feb '22). They have stated that they are not planning on doing any sim updates during world updates any more and WU7 is scheduled for end of Jan '22.

they even posted this video yesterday on their youtube page PMDG Douglas DC-6: Now Available in Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube that beautiful sky is what I was used to before update 7!!! now it’s nowhere close to that!!!

1 Like

No weather depection on the Sim yet, I flew from KATL to KSDF this morning the QNH all the time were on 29.92 when the real weather said that it should be at 30.27. What a mess a no one word of Asobo about this nor other bugs. So frustrating

It’s really time for a official statement whats going on with the weather!

2 Likes

Asobo always breaks something right around the time I have off to enjoy MSFS…there is absolutely no learning about stability with them…every other update has had horrible issues that never should have made it to production…I am in software development and there is no way I would still have a job with the sheer amount if post release issues this title has had…Should have known when the canceled the beta program for this release…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t even expect anything this week, especially not with thanksgiving

What I find weird is that the map shows clouds and the top right preview window/button in the flight setup menu shows corresponding weather (as if everything is OK) - if the WX server is down it usually shows the clear skies you’ll find after spawning. METARs are being loaded too…

Yeah, it’s like all the info is there, it just can’t ‘draw’ it into the sim

A message like “Sorry guys, like we said in the Q+A, we’re giving the guys some sorely needed time off as announced, so this is not going to be worked on” would be way more helpful than saying nothing and letting us hope and retry in a circle here.

3 Likes

Yep, agree 100%

Hopefully it reaches someone soon

1 Like

Yes I am on XBOX series X

Seems some live weather functionality restored. No improvements, down time was indeed an issue and not purposely down for improvement.

Sim still incapable of rendering something as simple as an overcast layer

1 Like

Like seriously what is this? It looks awful, such a huge regression from what we had before. Renders the sim unflyable for me.

1 Like

It’s all so terrible that it’s already laughable again :rofl: :joy:

That just about ties in with what I have been seeing and as a representation of that METAR that looks dreadful :confounded:

1 Like