Sim update VI Beta installation help

Launch xbox app > sign out
Launch ms store app > sign out.

Restart PC.

Launch ms store app > sign in and check for updates.
Launch xbox app > sign in.

Launch msfs.

Not having some sort of forum for this is ridiculous!

• What if there is an issue or a workaround for something and we aren’t sure how to resolve? Like with the FBW or a particular scenery?

• What if there is something game breaking or something doesn’t work? Where do we get the information?

Usually you would discuss these things in a forum. This is going to make it so much harder to keep to the NDA. I don’t think I will test without this. Not worth the risk.

1 Like

Thanks, great… the rest of us can have a look too :+1: @Betatesters … success !!

2 Likes

I agree totally that this a very surprising and awkward method. If I had known this before I would have thought twice. The forum is an essential part of beta testing. We need to check in with each other, debug together, share test cases, erc.

4 Likes

I agree. I posted something similar a little further up. They should make this an open beta. Those who want to test sign up through the insider hub like we did, and those who don’t want to test just don’t sign up. This would make it so much easier

So, i correctly understand, no more post with problem, only feedback hub?

Correct. Feedback Hub only.

It’s to bad, very very bad.

1 Like

I’m happy to see they’re posting the beta-release notes…gives an idea of what’s next .

may in the future we will have some dedicated area, like was in tech alpha. But as been mentioned above this time they would like to see how does it goes w/o forum…

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback on that! I will be sure to send it to the team for consideration with future flighting for sure.

2 Likes

It will not work, due a lot same topics will star with same problems, with simple problems of user (cant download/cant run/black screen). Important things will lost in huge stream of spammy messages.

2 Likes

I understand the feedback hub for Asobo but for the community, a forum section is needed

2 Likes

Also, simple thing “Refresh page” or “Autorefresh” not exist in All feedback page. Realy? To view new feedback i need to change sorting mode or switch between tabs?

Yeah it’s very anti-community and basically means if I installed that I would have to not engage with anyone for two weeks. Makes me very very reluctant to install. What if I have an issue. Where do I get support?

2 Likes

then dont install it. It is a beta test - stick to the rules.

1 Like

Another day another very strange decision from Microsoft/Asobo!

2 Likes

where can i see the patchnotes after install and start? at 90mb/s i cant read fast enough -.-

Can someone report the issue in this context where the planes + game tags disappear in front of you when they aren´t too far away. This bug just kills multiplayer and flying with your friends. You hardly ever see your friends in the sim due to this bug.

It is a very, very bad idea to make bug reporting as difficult and inconvenient as possible. IMHO Feedback Hub is a dead-born and absolutely non-usable service.