Sim update VI Beta installation help

Hi @Jummivana ! I don’t have any popup for enroll in the beta :sweat_smile:. In the last I was automatically added

That was closed days ago…

2 Likes

How about you stop attempting to gatekeep the experience of other people who, let me remind you, are volunteering their time for no reward to try making this sim better.

2 Likes

And there is no way to enroll ?!?!? In the previous beta i enrolled one day later with no issue and also in this week I never saw the popup for enroll (I already was in last flight)

How about to stick to the rules for this beta? When you dont like it, then dont test and deal with it. No one force you to sign up for beta testing. try to understand it.

When MS makes decision that harm the beta process - and lets make no mistake not having place to discuss the beta ABSOLUTELY harms the process - then IMHO people have a duty to point that out.

Ands similarly lets point out that no-one is breaking the rules here - if anyone was I’m very sure the mods would be dealing with it - but similarly no-one was told in advance there would be no beta section in fact we didn’tfind out till after the beta was actually released.

2 Likes

OK, thanks for your help with this @Jummivana. I stand corrected on the feedback hub - different to the forums of course, and not fulfilling some of the collaboration things you helpfully added to my other thread, but actually, having played around with this for a bit now, it seems to enable us to do quite a lot in terms of finding and commenting on others experiences

1 Like

you can also opt out for testing, when you dont like the rules and process . so deal with it.

Do you think we signed up for this because we don’t want to contribute? Many of us have put A LOT of hours into earlier betas with the intention to improve the product. Go and compare with the closed forums from the previous testing and you will see that most threads have many replies and good discussions. Then look at Feedback Hub and see that all of the topics have “Comments: 0”.

3 Likes

i dont care about history. so i filled out 3 bugs in xbox feedback loop. so what ? when you dont like it, opt out.

Let’s not argue about which methods have been better - there is a thread to upvote and discuss that further here. Please keep it civil: [SU6 Beta] Can we have a private forum area for beta testers to share experiences

9 Likes

That was the problem, thanks a lot. I can confirm that “Flight Simulator” is also being translated to my Windows language, and quite oddly, it seems to be the only application/game that is not using its original title in the Feedback Hub for some reason.

@Jummivana It might help to acknowledge this error in the official instructions, as that post will likely get lost in this big topic.

2 Likes

@Jummivana i have chance to get a call for this flight ?

This is like watching people discussing ‘Fight Club’… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I found it. I’m good to go now. Thank you.

I tried to find those articles what @Jummivana posted above (yes, set everything that way) but not appearing for me, but different ones while I scrolled down >1 month. Is there any location filter under the hood?
Edit: Tried to search for and couldn’t find that way either (note, it has to be the same spelling as the post since the engine is…)

1 Like

What if we all would promise we just would behave and refrain from ranting. Just post the facts and the workarounds in a dedicated area. I know… wishful thinking… :pleading_face:

I would suggest

(1) A place where beta testers can communicate with each other about their testing, which they can obviously WRITE to.

Maybe initially a separate Thread, per-assigned to each of the Beat Release note items. This would then identify what is being tested, and keep each issue being tested separate and controlled.

(2) that place be Read Only for non beta testers, so everyone can see what is going on. (and decide if next time they want to become a beta tester), but not disrupt those who are beta testing and discussing their testing.

AT the moment, it just seems like a free for all, with everyone reporting random issues, with no co-ordination – making it a monstrous task for anyone receiving these beta test reports, to sort out and make any sense out of.

Beta testing requires Management, and it would be a FULL Time job for anyone, or a team, to manage. (staffed by a TEAM with the appropriate technical and Management skill set)

5 Likes

Thanks. I went away for the night and shut the PC down. Came back, fired up, and now it’s updating. :crossed_fingers:

How about keeping the feedback hub to report bugs so that Asobo track properly without removing the forum aspect which allow people the exchange of ideas. that’s not hard to understand.

1 Like