Sim-Wings Ibiza V2 vs. IniBuilds Ibiza

Hi All,

There is a thread already in which a couple of people claim the IniBuilds is better, however they don’t really say how and why. Sim-Wings V2 seems to add a lot of landside stuff (people, cars, animated flags, etc.) but I’m not sure whether the ground textures are still the default? The terminal interior now seems to be modelled too, complete with people (a bit of a disappointment for me with the Inibuilds version — superb interior but no one in it!). Sim-Wings version also has VDGS, whereas no mention is made about whether the same is true of Inibuilds. It says you have to have something from Aerosoft installed for them to work but I’m on Xbox so obviously I can’t install anything not in the Marketplace — does that means the VDGS is unavailable to me?

Thanks,
Karl

1 Like

Ibiza V2 from Sim-Wings is a huge improvement over the first iteration and to me is clearly the better choice. For me 2 features stick out that ini does not have: VDGS and an accurate runway elevation profile corresponding to AIP published data.
And Sim-Wings has more accuracy overall. For example their ground markings are so much better than what ini did.

However I can’t tell you what works and what doesn’t regarding Xbox, I guess it would be best to ask Aerosoft directly.

Does the Sim Wings Ibiza scenery have the same wonky light sources that their other airports have? I really wish they would go back and update their older airport sceneries and replace these.

What do you mean by wonky light sources?

Thanks for that. I have reached out to Aerosoft to see if Xbox users can take advantage of VDGS in the Sim-Wings version.

In summary, would I be right in pointing out the following pros of each?

IniBuilds
a) full modelled terminal interior (but devoid of people)
b) animated cars, trees, vehicles (airside/landside) and people (airside only)

Sim-Wings
a) VDGS
b) partially modelled interior with people
c) correct runway elevation

I’ve had a closer look at some promo videos of the Sim-Wings and unfortunately the landside textures are still the default Asobo ones. That’s a little disappointing given that they added so much other landside detail.

I just checked the Sim-Wings scenery on my machine. The landside textures look perfectly fine and crisp to me with beautiful modelling. It’s absolutely fine and I don’t feel like things are missing there, since I won’t ever see it close up anyway. Are you certain that you didn’t accidentally look at V1 screenshots when comparing landside textures? There are no landside animated vehicles in both sceneries. And for airside vehicles both use the same Asobo standard stuff.

One other thing in favour of Sim-Wings is they try and emulate the passive-reflective taxiway edge lighting, which a lot of Spanish airports have (meaning there’s no actual light emitted, it’s just a reflection). It’s not perfect but it’s at least done in a way that you see a difference. Ini didn’t care for that and placed standard Asobo light bulbs.

To me the only thing better in the Ini offering is the more detailed terminal interior modelling. For all else, Sim-Wings wins I think. Especially the ground markings, I just had another look and compared both… They are so much more accurate in Sim-Wings.

So I guess if the check-in area is improtant to you, then by all means buy the Ini offering. But for things relevant to aviation, Sim-Wings is clearly better in my opinion. You can’t get wrong there.

2 Likes

Again, thank you. The terminal interior isn’t that important but at times I do just like to tool around airports with the remote/drone cam, admiring the finer details before my next flight. The lack of people in the Ini is disappointing — if you’re going to model an interior to that degree, surely it’s no real inconvenience to include a handful of pax?

I’m pretty new to Flight Sim so don’t understand exactly how animated stuff works, however in promo videos for the IniBuild there are vehicles moving on the landside roads and even people getting off buses and boarding aircraft via airstairs — any idea what allows this to happen within these sceneries?

When it comes to separating the details between Xbox and PC it’s never clear what comes with the scenery, what doesn’t, and whether you even can even get some of the effects on Xbox.

I did notice how the camber of the runway 06 threshold appears to be uneven in the Sim-Wings version (with the ground just south sloping away, presumably faithful to the actual area), yet appears completely flat in the Ini. It’s a shame I can’t somehow combine elements of the two as each appears to lack details the other has!

Ah now I understand. People getting off a bus and boarding aircraft airside, that’s neither Asobo nor Ini doing this, that’s done via GSX by FSDreamTeam. Not sure if that tool is already available on XBox.
In any case, GSX basically works on all sceneries if you have it, so you could use that on the Sim-Wings scenery as well. IF it is available for XBox.

Unfortunately, it’s not available on Xbox…I’m waiting for it to come to Xbox, if ever. If I remind correctly, they mentioned a Light version for Xbox.

Thank you, both.

With WASM released for Xbox, aren’t things like animated people, realistic AI traffic and working VDGS now possible? I thought that was the whole idea of WASM, to add intricate details the PC has till now exclusively been enjoying?

On a side note, UnitedArt, do you know if any VDGS works with Xbox?

My understanding is that WASM allows developers to bring their complex, study level aircraft to Xbox. But like you, I hope it’s not limited to only complex aircraft but we might also see some more advanced utility’s coming to Xbox.

I have no knowledge of VDGD, i’m sorry.

BTW: have you made your decision yet, whether it’s gonna be Sim-Wings or Inibuilds? I have to decide this for myself as well😊

I’m still undecided. Just waiting for Aerosoft to get back to me to see if the Sim-Wings version has working VDGS on Xbox. IniBuilds responded, saying their Ibiza DOES have VDGS, but only for PC.

I hope they recognise that some pretty serious simmers want to use the Xbox platform — the interest is no doubt there for things like realistic AI traffic (i.e. decent models with genuine liveries) and VDGS. Heck, I remember VDGS in FS2004 — surely if they could do it on PC 20 years ago they can do it on Xbox now?!

I think I will go Sim-Wings, simply because of the correct runway. Terminal interiors are nice but they’re kind of a sideline for me — something to look at in between flights. The only thing I’m not keen on re the Sim-Wings version is the lack of weathering on the terminal buildings and aprons.

1 Like

I have my doubts if we will see some of the good stuff coming to Xbox, to be honest. Something to do with EXE. files, I don’t think that has something to do with WASM?

How interesting, for some reason that fact is neither mentioned on their features list nor visible on their promo materials.
I would assume that with WASM being available, Aerosoft will eventually bring their VDGS module to the XBox. But since ini doesn’t mention VDGS on their features list I do not know which module they use, so it’s hard to say if that will ever be on XBox.

Yes, it surprised me too!

I do hope they continue to level the playing field between PC and Xbox. I never expect Xbox to equal the PC’s range of add-ons, etc. but stuff like VDGS and realistic AI traffic are essential if they want to be seen to be serious about the Xbox platform.

1 Like