Sim won't load after I changed to DX12 (beta)

I don’t know where else to post this, it’s not exactly a crash.

It will not get passed steam’s initial launcher window. There’s literally nothing that comes up.

DirectX 12 has always been hit or miss in the sim for me. Sometimes it works great and an hour later I cant get past 4 fps with it.

To undo the DirectX 12 setting, if your a stream users goto appdata/roaming/microsoftflightsimulator dir and find the file usercfg.opt, ( if your a ms store user, it will be in the appdata/roaming folder but the flightsim folder is different name you’ll have to search for it.

So anyways, now that you’ve found your usercfg.opt file open it with notepad, scroll down the lines a bit and you will see ‘PreferD3D12 1’ change the 1 to a 0 save the file, and then try to run the sim again.

If it still wont launch you’ll have to try to use the validate feature to make sure that the launcher isnt messed, caution this might re-download the whole sim.

1 Like

Yeah i wish i figured that out that solution but im on a Steam deck so unless someone found out where the config file is at im not gonna play msfs 2020 sadly