SimBrief Integration

I know that we can import .pln files and the WT CJ4 and FBW A32NX already have SimBrief importing options, but if it isn’t a huge development task it would be great if the sim itself had SimBrief integration, including payload and fuel. There could be an “Import from SimBrief” button in the flight planner. This would mean that we could import plans to any aircraft and there would not need to offer SimBrief support on plane by plane basis. This would need to be done alongside a fix for the “route changing when selecting gates” bug.

However Simbrief uses Navigraph and the sim uses Navblue.?

I think as long as the AIRAC cycle matches the data should correspond?

1 Like

Iam not so sure. Bit of a grey area for me. I know if i use simbrief then try to get the sim to give me those same waypoints it never can. Maybe depends on ATC ?

Do you have a Navigraph subscription? I’ve never had an issue with importing SimBrief plans into MSFS, I always use the current cycle on SimBrief which sometimes doesn’t match the cycle on MSFS but I haven’t encountered an issue so far.

Just found out navigraph have a beta software that updates the navdata in MSFS -

1 Like

Hi, yes I have a Navigraph subscription and I am a beta member. If you leave the ATC to the sim, the simbrief is rarely followed. Different approaches, runways etc, not always adhering to the wind conditions either. Perhaps is just me…

Yes I have noticed that the ATC will give tailwind runways sometimes too, although this is done in real life also for noise and various other reasons, so I just follow the ATC or request a different runway if possible. Approaches can often change too so that is true to life.

Simbrief newbie here, a couple of questions please.

When Simbrief states that the airtime on the flightplan for my C700 is 40 mins, what speed should I be doing in order to achieve this and to satisfy my PACX customers? (Or should I have paid my Maths Teacher more attention when we had to learn about calculating the time and speed between two points?)

Second question:
Does Simbrief include SID & STARs, I can find the section referring to it but it doesn’t seem to add them to the flight plan…?