SimCom Library EXE Demo needs testing

For a project I need a user friendly way to access simulator Variables and Events. Although WASimCommander from Max Paperno works very well. The API is too much aimed at seasoned programmers.

So I wrote my SimCom wrapper that incoperates both the WASM route and SimConnect directly in order to receive events as they happen. I realised that from a user point of view there isn’t all that much difference between a Variable and an Event so SimCom does away with the distiction. Everything is just a SimVal.

Warning! This program is not release and I hesitate to call it even Beta although I don’t know of any faults but I am sure there are.

Rather than making people suffer by compiling from Github and finding the dependencies themselves I went the old fashioned route and compiled the SimCom demos and put everything together in a single zip file

Just open the zip file. Put the demo folder with content somewhere on your desktop and run the EXE program. All Demo’s should find the community folder automatically and only copy the included WASimCommander module if it is not present or newer.

I am in particular interested in feedback on how hard or easy the process is. The SimComMon.exe might be quite useful as it is a command line program capable to get, set and monitor a wide range of variable type and RPN stuff. Feel free to try the other two Demo prgrams as well. Besides installing the WASimCommander module nothing else is modified or installed on your system by running these programs.

SimCom will just like WASimCommander remain open source.

More details about how to use the command line tool here