SimConnect AI not climbing

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes

Which aircraft are using that experiences this issue?

Simconnect/passive AI aircraft

Brief description of the issue:

This is a further degredation in behaviour of AI since SU11. After takeoff aircraft level out at around 270ft before decending down to nearly 100ft before climbing very slowly. This behaviour is very similar to what was fixed in SU11

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Use a simconnect AI programme such as FS Traffic and observe departing aircraft at EGLL.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

No

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Does not happen with FSLTL

Interesting. Was happening to an extent with FS Traffic however this behaviour is much worse in this beta. Its actually returned to the behaviour of that pre SU11 of which we were relieved was fixed back then.

To be clear this is not an issue with the 3rd party AI aircraft, but an issue with the code controlling the Simconnect injected AI.

1 Like

With FSLTL, in our testing so far, we’ve actually seen an improvement with post-takeoff climb compared to SU11. Most aircraft seem to maintain their climb and don’t turn back towards the origin airport like before.

2 Likes

Not seeing this happen with AIG SimConnnect traffic.

1 Like

The change in behaviour is definitely there as I’ve been able to replicate multiple times. Im testing the same FS Traffic build on one machine with SU11 and another running SU12 beta.

Not sure why the other two programmes are not affected. Suspect they had to find a work around prior to SU11 which still works now.

We were pleasantly surprised when for us, this issue was fixed with SU11 however it looks like we will also have to employ a bit of trial and error to find a work around if this doesn’t get looked at by Asobo.

all workarounds are disabled for SU12B internal testing at AIG, so it must be something different. Do you do A->B PLNs? or are different other waypoints included?

FS Traffic does A to B Flight Plans without waypoints

The departure PLNs actually include 10 waypoints between departure and destination. One of my first thoughts it to remove them all.

You can see here that as soon as the mode changes to fly to waypoint, the target altitude changes to around 100m. It then oscilates at something around that number. This is despite the flight plans having a cruising altitude of 30,000ft

I would check what alts you have in the waypoint data fields in the plans - as they are used too. SU11 basically ignored most alt data and did it’s own thing which was problematic for us!

Thanks! I was literally typing this as you replied.

I think I may understand what is going on, it seems the AI is now reacting to the altitude set in the world position string wheras before these were ignored to some extent wheras now now these are used.

We had these set to an arbitrary value of 3500ft so aircraft were effectively very slowly stepping up to this altitude in SU12 beta.

Cruising nicely at 30,000ft here.

Might need to report as a separate bug but the aircraft do seem to have some oscillation in the cruise.

John

1 Like

@Hodgeheg4424 @whakamolenz

From my contact on the Dev Team, the Asobo SDK Team has feedback from FSLTL and AiG that this issue is resolved. Dev Team plans to mark this thread as Fixed-On-Live.

The following posts are on DevSupport forum:

Thanks to the SDK team, there are the posts about the traffic :

Do you concur this is Fixed? Thanks!

Yes I agree this has been fixed. Thank you

John - Just Flight

1 Like

Fixed in SU12.