SimConnect and GPS Event IDs

Any ideas why when i use the event id ap altitude var inc or dec, or hdg bug inc or dec, it increases by 10 times…like hdg increase X 10 deg instead of 1 and altitude increases by 1000 instead of 100 feet ?..has to be system related…had done this since the beginning…the very odd times, it is ok…but 95% of the time, it does that…
Strange…

I’ve created a Support ticket for this. I have the same problem and if you search the forum, this seems to be kind of common. It could be solved by deleting all your control profiles, but it came back for me after some time. Lets see.

Ok thanks
I will create one also…

Lots of people having that issue. Any ‘always on’ joystick switches will cause this.

Hmm…that is interesting…but not sure how to fix it…

I just released my joystick app which solves this issue completely. It’s primarily aimed at the Honeycomb Bravo but will work with any HID joystick/yoke/gamepad.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/joystick-to-simconnect-mapping-utility-honeycomb-bravo-throttle-mappings-included/346493

Alright…thanks…sounds very good…i will try it with my setup…

Here is a dump of all the LVARs I’m getting through Spad, for anyone who is curious.
a320 spad.next LVARs - Pastebin.com

1 Like

Are you able to produce a Summary in PDF format? If you click on the device that you have programmed for your EFIS, in the top right you will see a button labelled Device Settings. Click on that and choose Summary

P3D-PC-2021-jan-5-002

Sure, kind of new to spad, didn’t know that was a thing , I’ll export it tomorrow night and post.

1 Like

I don’t think I can do this actually…i got a warning about not being able to do it since I don’t have the “complete” edition of Spad. (didn’t know there was one lol)

Oh, OK. Can I then ask you if you can post your profile? You will probably need to change the xml extension to txt. Profiles are found in your Spad.Next | Profiles folder. This is usually located in your Documents folder or your installation folder in Program Files (x86).

In that folder just copy the profile of your A320 to somewhere else and rename the extension before posting.

I have Created a MOBIFLIGHT How-To Guide HERE:

You can use it for hardware and for software solutions such as Air Manager with Knobster and withFlight Tracker on the Stream Deck and Stream Deck XL (Both are my current weapons of choice)

If all you need is module support you do NOT have to install or run MOBIFLIGHT you just need the WASM Module. All is explained in the guide, if there are still questions, ask away.

I cleaned up my G1000 overlay last night and posted the Air Manager Panel import to my Google drive here
It is based on Russ Barlows excellent earlier work for Xplane. Its a WIP, today I’ll begin adding the MFD functionality.

Phil

Sweet. I’ll read it with interest.

As a FSUIPC7 user I would like to know the answer to this one too. I’d rather not have to switch to Spad and start the learning all over again. Great work Mobi either way.

1 Like

To assign the MobiFlight events using FSUIPC, you can add the MobiFlight events to FSUIPC by using an event file (*.evt). I have provided an example in this post: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91606-using-fsuipc7-with-mobiflight-wasm-module/

John / FSUIPC

3 Likes

You are a star sir. Thankyou.

Can you do the same with the spad.next wasm (make een event-file with the spad.next ID’s?
You can call the Mobiflight with [Events]
0=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_1_INC
1=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_1_DEC
2=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_2_INC
3=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_2_DEC etc…

How to call the Spad.next ID’s ?

1 Like

I’ve found that one, but after copying the spadnext wasm in the community folder, how do I call them in the evt. files of FSUIPC

for instance:
0=???.A320_NEO_MFD_RANGE_1

Is there a list of the SPAD.next key strings used anywhere? If so, try it.
I don’t have access to the SPAD.next WASM module at the moment…

John