SimConnect and GPS Event IDs

I think the light and the unsorted categories are extra compared to mobiflights wasm.

Regarding LVARs.
Im unfamiliar with those, and although I have LVARS activated in SPAD (settings -> Application settings -> Simulations) they dont show up when assigning data fields to a button. Any ideas?

Can someone post the additional events that SPAD has but MobiFlight doesnā€™t? Thanks!

Canā€™t get at them right now but I think those two are standard SimConnect Events - theyā€™ve probably just had a Category attached to them at some point.

Re: LVARā€™s - an explanation can be found here (https://www.spadnext.com/wiki/lvar_support). This article is a little old but the explanation is still relevant.

Thanks. I guess this was why I dont see them:
ā€œPlease note that LVAR are aircraft specific and will only show up if an aircraft has been loaded into the simulator.ā€

Thanks! This is great for selecting the GNS keys while in VR. I mapped the outer and inner knobs to the Saitek Radio Panel rotaries using MobiFlight and SPAD.Next

They both have all the same EventIDā€™s I believe (but I canā€™t find a list of what EventIDā€™s Spad.Next has) but Spad.Next also has access to LVARā€™s. Sorry not overly familiar with MobiFlight so not sure if it has access to LVARā€™s built-in.

Any ideas why when i use the event id ap altitude var inc or dec, or hdg bug inc or dec, it increases by 10 timesā€¦like hdg increase X 10 deg instead of 1 and altitude increases by 1000 instead of 100 feet ?..has to be system relatedā€¦had done this since the beginningā€¦the very odd times, it is okā€¦but 95% of the time, it does thatā€¦
Strangeā€¦

Iā€™ve created a Support ticket for this. I have the same problem and if you search the forum, this seems to be kind of common. It could be solved by deleting all your control profiles, but it came back for me after some time. Lets see.

Ok thanks
I will create one alsoā€¦

Lots of people having that issue. Any ā€˜always onā€™ joystick switches will cause this.

Hmmā€¦that is interestingā€¦but not sure how to fix itā€¦

I just released my joystick app which solves this issue completely. Itā€™s primarily aimed at the Honeycomb Bravo but will work with any HID joystick/yoke/gamepad.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/joystick-to-simconnect-mapping-utility-honeycomb-bravo-throttle-mappings-included/346493

Alrightā€¦thanksā€¦sounds very goodā€¦i will try it with my setupā€¦

Here is a dump of all the LVARs Iā€™m getting through Spad, for anyone who is curious.
a320 spad.next LVARs - Pastebin.com

1 Like

Are you able to produce a Summary in PDF format? If you click on the device that you have programmed for your EFIS, in the top right you will see a button labelled Device Settings. Click on that and choose Summary

P3D-PC-2021-jan-5-002

Sure, kind of new to spad, didnā€™t know that was a thing , Iā€™ll export it tomorrow night and post.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I can do this actuallyā€¦i got a warning about not being able to do it since I donā€™t have the ā€œcompleteā€ edition of Spad. (didnā€™t know there was one lol)

Oh, OK. Can I then ask you if you can post your profile? You will probably need to change the xml extension to txt. Profiles are found in your Spad.Next | Profiles folder. This is usually located in your Documents folder or your installation folder in Program Files (x86).

In that folder just copy the profile of your A320 to somewhere else and rename the extension before posting.

I have Created a MOBIFLIGHT How-To Guide HERE:

You can use it for hardware and for software solutions such as Air Manager with Knobster and withFlight Tracker on the Stream Deck and Stream Deck XL (Both are my current weapons of choice)

If all you need is module support you do NOT have to install or run MOBIFLIGHT you just need the WASM Module. All is explained in the guide, if there are still questions, ask away.

I cleaned up my G1000 overlay last night and posted the Air Manager Panel import to my Google drive here
It is based on Russ Barlows excellent earlier work for Xplane. Its a WIP, today Iā€™ll begin adding the MFD functionality.

Phil