SimConnect and GPS Event IDs

Sweet. I’ll read it with interest.

As a FSUIPC7 user I would like to know the answer to this one too. I’d rather not have to switch to Spad and start the learning all over again. Great work Mobi either way.

1 Like

To assign the MobiFlight events using FSUIPC, you can add the MobiFlight events to FSUIPC by using an event file (*.evt). I have provided an example in this post: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91606-using-fsuipc7-with-mobiflight-wasm-module/

John / FSUIPC

3 Likes

You are a star sir. Thankyou.

Can you do the same with the spad.next wasm (make een event-file with the spad.next ID’s?
You can call the Mobiflight with [Events]
0=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_1_INC
1=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_1_DEC
2=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_2_INC
3=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_2_DEC etc…

How to call the Spad.next ID’s ?

1 Like

I’ve found that one, but after copying the spadnext wasm in the community folder, how do I call them in the evt. files of FSUIPC

for instance:
0=???.A320_NEO_MFD_RANGE_1

Is there a list of the SPAD.next key strings used anywhere? If so, try it.
I don’t have access to the SPAD.next WASM module at the moment…

John

Found this (mentioned in an article above)

That’s for the local variables (lvars) that SPAD.next also provides access to. Its the custom event strings they use that are needed to access via FSUIPC.

The lvars are also interesting though, but I’ve no idea how to access those at the moment. This is something I’ll be looking into.
John

How did you get it to work and have access to the LVAR’s?
I’ve the A320 loaded, bt I don’t see the LVAR’s. Is it possible to add events to the LVAR’s

This is a known bug which occurs when you assign an external switch that stays on until physically switched off . Using FSUIPC7 overcomes this. If you assign switches directly in msfs make sure they are momentary type switches. It is actually a useful bug once you know. I have a non-momentary switch assigned in msfs which i flick when i want larger increments for alt select, speed select or heading bug.

Thanks…strange bug…

If you figure this out let us know, I was trying to do the same!

I will release a MobiFlight WASM Update soon where one can add eventIDs to a text file. This will allow us to grow the list of supported Events more easily.

3 Likes

I released the Beta 7.10.0.16 today. It comes with a more complete list of MSFS2020 events and it allows to add more Events individually by simply editing two text files (one for MobiFlight and one inside the WASM module)

3 Likes

Sweet. I’m building a gns530 so I’ll check it shortly. :slightly_smiling_face:

Howdy @MobiFlight!

I grabbed the recent Master update of the module, with the events.txt file.

None of my events triggered from other applications (streamdeck or airmanager) work. I reverted to the version on the MSFS2020 branch, and all is well.

Have I missed a change in what is needed to call these now? they are still prefixed with “MobiFlight.”, right?

Thank you so much. I am using a Teensy 4.1 and FSUIPC and I got it to work with the GNS530 with no issues. I have been searching for over a month for a solution.

I’m building my own GNS530 from scratch (no MobiFlight or Spad.next) and too have found the lack of event support in the current sim connect SDK. I’m excited that the MobiFlight wasm module has solved this. However, I’m not sure I understand how to use it with simconnect. I’ve read folks have solved it but no one has posted a guide showing how to accomplish this. If such document exist, can someone post a link?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!! Really appreciate it.

There is no guide needed. Once you install the MobiFlight WASM module the events can be called exactly the same as any other SimConnect event. The one point that might be eluding you is that you must prefix any of the MobiFlight events listed in the events.txt file included in the module with the string “MobiFlight.”

E.G. You must call “MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_1” and not just “AS1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_1”.