SimConnect and GPS Event IDs

You should be able to configure your generic joystick in SPAD.neXt. Then you could make use of this wasm. I connect an Arduino Leonardo board that way, which essentially is a generic joystick as far as Windows knows.

That is very interesting LikelyMatt…
Can you try to map a button from your yoke for example and report if you were able to do it…if so, i will buy spad.next right away…:grin:…and will give to mobiflight also…we can’t forget his work with the wasm module…:+1:

I’m quite certain it would work with my Honeycomb yoke, because I know for a fact that spad recognises it, but I’ll verify tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks a lot but i just realized that spadnext is free for 14 days…so i will try it tonight and report…:+1:

Ok great news…it is working…well, almost.
I have 3 leobard boards named BU036A-1, -2 and -3.
The configuration settings are saved with my other joysticks but for these 3 boards, the config settings does not seem to be saved because when i close and reopen spadnext, all settings for these 3 boards are not there anymore.
Not sure if the problem is because they are 3 identical boards but their names are different so not sure ? Or maybe, could it be because it is the free 14 days trial ?

I will do more tests tomorrow but yes, it works to send avionic command with the mobiflight wasm module…thanks for all the help.

1 Like

Working now…:hugs:
Really nice to fly without using the mouse or keybard…:+1:

2 Likes

This is awesome, thanks.

1 Like

that’s awesome!

Bringing this wasm to the flight sim community for free is awesome. Thanks alot, Mobiflight!

2 Likes

I also use Spad.Next. Can you please let me know what I have to do to get this working? Where do I get this WASM module? Is that what I need or do I require to install MobiFlight as well? Where do I install the bits and pieces? Sorry for so many questions but I really have no idea where to begin in this process. I am, though, very familiar with Spad.Next.

It is well explained here

And then you use custom expressions in spadnext

Hi,
these Mobiflight Events have parameters like “type”: “manual”, “value”:1)
“event_up”: { “event”: “MobiFlight.AS3000_TSC_Vertical_BottomKnob_Small_INC”, “type”: “manual”, “value”: 1 },

Any informations available about these parameters and values?
I already started to migrate with a x touch mini (Vjoy solution) to Githib
https://github.com/maartentamboer/X-Touch-Mini-FS2020/i
So far it is working fine and I will add these G1000/G3000 buttons to my rotary knobs.
The hard thing is, or try and error , to find the simconnect events to match with FS2020 events. Some are obvious, some not. Since Simmconnect is coming from FSX or earlier e.g. the view commands in FS2020 are different or missing.
If somebody has already a mapping table thiis would be great.

I uploaded my mapping here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/behringer-x-touch-mini-works-flawless/193140/45

For me, the trial version of SPAD.neXt was really useful, it has a list of all SimConnect Event IDs that are built into MSFS. Also has an Event Monitor, so you can press the button in the cockpit and see which event it corresponds to.

Edit: if you have any other questions about the X-Touch, we have a thread for it: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/behringer-x-touch-mini-works-flawless/193140

2 Likes

Is this usable with an Elgato Stream deck, too?

yes, but only the complete verion…

So excited about Mobiflights WASM module, tried a view commands and it really works, finally what i was looking for all those months :smiley:

Does somebody know if there is anything similar for the A320N for missing Events such as EFIS Mode and Range, Radio Management Panel Frequency Increase/Decrease/Swap etc.?
Any Tutorial, Guides, further Informations about WASM Modules and their Development are welcome.

1 Like

The Airbus and Boeing specific events are not yet supported - i still have to figure them out by digging through the panel javascript code.

1 Like

And I still miss some events for the GA planes as well. Like cockpit light controls: panel light, radio light, pedestal light etc. And annunciator test.
Oh, and some controls for the Carenaro planes, like master caution and DME controls. :sunglasses:

Anyway, I really appreciate what you have done for the GPS etc. so far. Terrific! :+1:

Sebastian, can you share an example of your source code to create the wasm module…we might be able to help search the javasript files if we know what we are looking for ?
Thanks

I use the Elgato Streamdeck XL with Flight Tracker plugin and the Mobil flight WASM Module which provides the missing G1000 events / control. I get extensive highly customizable button control for any supported aircraft. I already use available simconnect events TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1 AP_NAV_SELECT to select the VOR.