SimConnect and variable SIMULATION RATE

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask some of you who program, if it is possible to show the simulation speed variable, SIMULATION RATE, through a number that appears on a form outside the simulator scene, a line of text on a small form that can be launched at will and that connects to the MSFS2020.
I am not a programmer.
I tried with FSUIPC7 but it gives me problems in the malfunction simulator.
If there was this little help I think it would be interesting for the whole MSFS2020 community.
I would like to receive even negative responses about or of interest in the thing.
Hello and thanks.

Paolo

This app will show the current sim rate as well as allow you to quickly change it on the fly - it does a few other “useful” things as well :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply.
is the app FS_TOOL on github?
Grazie mille

Yes - it’s all in the linked post…

1 Like

Thank you very much, great TOOL what I was looking for.
Thanks again, a paid dinner in Italy
:pray:

Glad it does what you need. I’ve been a tourist in your country several times, lovely food, scenery and women, not necessarily in that order :wink:

1 Like

Grazie mille, ancora

What was the problem? Did you report to the FSUIPC support forums?
The Simulation Rate offset in FSUIPC7 has previously been reported as working for MSFS, for both read and write, although I haven’t checked this myself. I will do so shortly.

John

New version fsuipc 7.0.5 ready

1 Like

missing hotkey to restore simulation speed to 1 (256), on FSUIPC4 for fsx it exists. I reported on FSdeveloper.

Grazie mille

Ah yes, I rememeber now…Its on my list to look into. No ‘HotKeys’ as such in FSUIPC7 (except the one to open/close FSUIPC7 itself), but I will provide an internal control for this at some point which can then be assigned to a button or key press. Should be possible now with a simple lua though.

John

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, when do you think it will be introduced? 1 month, 2 weeks …?
For information. I state that I bought it
so are you John the owner of FSUIPC7?
Thank you

I can’t give a date for this yet. Its low priority as there are work-arounds so it will take a while. I am planning to look into various issues like this once I have an lvar-access beta out, so probably a month or so…but, that depends, as always, on how much time is taken by support…

Yes, that’s me.
Cheers,
John

1 Like

Thanks you

Just checked the history on this one. It as working back in August 2020 which was when the offsets were marked as working for read/write. Then there is your recent report, where it was reported as not working. I investigated and found the sim rate was being momentarily set but returning to 0 afterwards, which is causing the issue.
I’ll report back in the FSUIPC forum topic once I’ve had a chance to look into this in more detail.
For reference, its here: FSUIPC7 - HOT KEY to set the sim rate to 1 (256) normal - FSUIPC7 MSFS - The simFlight Network Forums
And the original report of sim rate offset read/write working is here: SIMULATION RATE Not reading - FSUIPC7 MSFS - The simFlight Network Forums

John

1 Like

thank you very much for your reply, good job