SimConnect stutter

+1 How is this not a higher priority for them?!

+1

Same issue with Simconnect

Itā€™s already in the (admittedly long) list.

Do you have a link with the statement, that I could include into the original post?

Sorry. The list you provided is the same as posted here: https://www.flightsimulator.com/august-6th-2020-insider-update/

Or the direct image: https://msfs-cdn.azureedge.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/FS-v8.01v2.jpg

Which is from August 6th. Again, itā€™s the old Alpha issues. Also, the latest Insider Update was that one on August 6th. There is no insider update on the 20th, only the ā€œpublicā€ one. https://www.flightsimulator.com/august-20th-2020-development-update/

As a non-Tech-Alpha-Insider the first link does not work for me. The second direct link to the picture does though. Many thanks.

From the picture I derive that SimConnect currently has only ā€œTop Wish Listā€ status for Asobo (entries ā€œPeripherals / Support for Advanced Set-upsā€ and ā€œ3rd Party Content / SDKā€)!

At least for ā€œ3rd Party Content / SDKā€ they claim that it is in progress.

You can register as an insider and login here: https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-home/

That list is a few weeks old, even before the SimConnect issue. It contains no valid information right now. The only information we have is that they will tell the release date for an update (which may or may not contain the fix for SimConnect) on the 27th, meaning that it can take a few more days (or weeks) before the update arrives.

+1 Same issue with Simconnect
Needed for vatsim vpilot

I do realize, that this is outdated, but the most current statement that we have. I have requested an official statement that I can post into this thread.

Letā€™s cross our fingers!

1 Like

+1 VPilot for VATSIM
I thought they were partners?? This shouldā€™ve been fixed already.

1 Like

+1 Please fix simconnect. I use this for vpilot and spade.next. Please, please, pleaseā€¦

Oh My, UGH. If it doesnā€™t make in on the 27th, it will be a good while.

First of all, letā€™s hope the fix will come. Although the developers told Asobo is aware, there was no official (that I saw) confirmation on this bug, neither my ticket has been answered. It was sent on the 19thā€¦ Really hope we will get a solution for this.

An hotfix would be appreciatedā€¦

Yes me the same. Whatever I do. As soos as I use the hardware (logitech/ saitek) the sim get unable to play. Frames drop zo almost nothing.

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ I just hate seeing my screens dark.

I dont want to use a mouse or keyboard in the sim.

Hope it is getting fixed the next update the 27th

+1

Yes they have confirmed to adress it. Will look for the link.

Can you imagine the combined total cost of all the 3rd party flight sim peripherals and 3rd party payware software that are used by the tens of thousands, if not hundred of thousands, of flight simmers that are currently all completely usable and serving as nothing but paper weights?

All because of the lack of compatibility between MSFS 2020 and SIMCONNECT, FSUIPC, and the many other 3rd party add-ons that make all the hardware peripherals and 3rd party software communicate and work with the flight sim software.

There are tons of people with home simulators who have many thousands of dollars invested in all of their cockpit hardware electronics like the G1000 and G3000 hardware panels, the various Saitek Panels, and the many other 3rd party hardware peripherals.

And currently none of it can be used with MSFS 2020 without causing a huge drop in FPS, freezing, and crashing to the point the simulator is completely unusable.

As far as I know the only flight sim peripherals that are currently working with MSFS without causing a huge FPS drop, freezing, and crashing are joysticks, rudders, and throttles. Every other 3rd party peripheral and software program is useless right now.

3 Likes

Where is the mention to SimConnect? Nowhere for what I can see. And the 27th will not be a released date, it will be the date where they tell when they will probably release the patch.

There seems to have been a removal of the recent update post - which did state they were working on the SimConnect issues and an update would be coming on the 27th.

From what you can see in this post, this this post and this post there was no mention to the SimConnect issues, only the updates and other things related to developer mode. But I might missed something.