Simple FCU

What you guys think about this?

Seems very interesting, but im still not sure if worth it.

Not many things like that around besides the logitech.

Thoughts?

It’s just a 3d printed box that’s pre done for you. If you have a printer and an arduino you can do this for a fraction of the cost.

1 Like

It looks promising from the initial photo’s, not a huge fan of the finish on the knobs but that’s minor. It’s priced pretty decently as well.

I think it is just the designs for a 3D printed box for you to print yourself or send out. Or am I mistaken?

The hardest part about this would be building decent ‘Korry’ style switches. Real ones are very expensive.

1 Like

The Creative Kit you do the printing, they are planning to release a “Plug & Play” one as well as an “all parts printed and you assemble” kit.

The one featured is for the Airbus, they are also doing a Boeing one (albeit they will all work on either plane, as well as others) just different aesthetics.

How much are they asking for it, built? Just curious.

Click the link and then click FAQ, third one on the right…

Just found out that for now this will not work with the Fenix A320, which is a HUGE let down unfortunately. This alone will keep me away from this.

From a reply on their website:

"Fenix A320 is a huge one indeed! Current status is the mentioned aircraft can be controlled with the external hardware, however FCU displays cannot be displayed outside the aircraft. There’s an ongoing discussion if this will be available, we’re in touch with Fenix relative and will post updates accordingly. We can’t promise anything for now, sorry.

Cheers
Mike

Hey everyone,
I’m Mike from SimpleFCU :wave: We’ve done few tweaks by the time in terms of design and functionality and I wanted to update this thread if somebody will be looking for a further info here.

The idea behind SimpleFCU was to have an affordable DIY solution on the market. We supply all the boards and needed stuff, so you don’t have to look elsewhere. You print the plastics and assemble the device. As we all share the same hardware, the configs can be easily shared too.

SimpleFCU works with Fenix A320 fully at this stage. We have a Discord server where our customers are sharing configs, tips and tricks for the printing and build ideas. Feel free to stop by, say hello or ask any question anytime :slight_smile:

1 Like