Simple traffic and Aig

Hello guys,can i use both the programs?online Ai traffic option and pilot2atc…thanks

Not 100% certain what you are asking, is it can you use both AIG and Simple traffic at the same time with Pilot2ATC?

Yes that exactly what i asked

You really wouldn’t need AIG and Simple Traffic running together period, as AIG does everything ST does, and more. But to answer your question, there is no issue using these addons with P2ATC.

Thank you for the answers

If you have AIG installed, there’s exactly zero reason to have ST installed. ST, while good for what it is (and is great for its simplicity), just reskins the generic Asobo planes and tried to match liveries to airlines, which it’s reasonably successful at.

AIG adds literally dozens and dozens of new airplane models essentially REPLACING the use of the Asobo generic models altogether. And then you get the livery matching for those as well. It’s so far beyond what ST can do that it’s like comparing a model airplane to a real airplane.

I don’t know if there can be issues trying to run both mods at the same time. There could potentially be conflicts. I can’t say for sure, but I would err on the side of caution and stick to whichever one of the two you want to use.

As for P2A, it doesn’t care what models you’re using. It’s irrelevent and a non-issue.

2 Likes

Kk,thanks for the answer

1 Like

I have a simple question. To my understanding, ST would match the liveries to airlines and the airports so that it would be as real as possible, like you won’t have an ANA randomly be placed at KCMH, which an ANA would never fly there.

I’m currently on AIG now and I constantly have random airliners appear at an airport which they shouldn’t. Is there any way to correct this?

If you’re using the ST or AIG liveries with Live Traffic, you’re going to get some oddball liveries at odd locations. It tries to match when it can, but it’s not perfect for either one. They can be hit or miss. They’re mostly ok at major international airports, but not always 100%. At smaller regional or municipal airports, it can be really hit or miss.

I only used ST with Live Traffic, but from what I understand, if you use it with offline traffic using its built in schedules, it’s much better at matching.

If you use the AIG Traffic Controller and turn off all the sim’s built in traffic, it will also use correct liveries (assuming you have them installed) for the AI planes.

I see. I will play with that see how it goes. Thanks!

The reason is GROUND AIRCRAFT DENSITY in the traffic settings of MSFS. The game will place random airlines at the airports if the setting is higher than 0.

If you are using AIG and it’s offline traffic you should set it to 0. The Traffic Controller will place accurate airlines at the airports.

1 Like