SimShaker for Aviators - Thread from the Dev

Any one knows how to send Andre an email to get a new key?

You can contact him using the IL2 official forum.

Thank you very much friend for your detailed explanation, you are very kind, I do not need to buy anything, I have in my closet stored unused, a USB sound card that came with Siberia V2 headphones, I also have a brand new sound card in its box Asus Sonar Pci Express sound, I will follow your instructions and mount the Asus Pci, once I have done it I will tell you about my experience and results, thank you very much dear community.

Greetings

i am having the problem, that my simshaker software often crashes when i switch to VR . When i restart the App, i loose all my ingame sounds. i have a second USB Soundcard for Simshaker and a Reverb G2. Has enyone else experienced this?

I have had this problem. As of now, when in switch to VR, the Simshaker sounds stop but when I recenter the VR image it re-starts the Simshaker output to the buttkicker which is odd (but it works). My in game sounds keep playing although I do have the WMR audio setting (windows sound settings) where it is “mirror headset audio to desktop” and that seems to work. I also have a usb sound card dedicated to the Simshaker for aviators (and Simshaker Sound Module add-on) and then the main motherboard sound for the in game sounds and g2 headset. Also, check the sound settings in MSFS and make sure that is set to the g2.

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately that doesnt work for me. the SimShaker sound module (grey icon) crashes
 I need to restart it and restaring leads to the loss of all sounds in the game.

got the v2.3 .0.0 version of simshaker for aviators and when I start it(starts with no issue) and then when I start msfs I get a CTD ! - also if I try to start simshaker when in MSFS - it gives me a strange start menu with x2 start buttons! and an error message saying “unhandled exception has occured in your application - the system cannot find the file specified” - any idea whats going on and how to fix this? (I can see there is a new version 2.4 - should installing this fix it?)

Hi guys basic question but couldn’t figure it out from the manual.

Is there a way to easily save different configs for different aircraft? Eg I buy a new plane, it auto loads the generic jet, but then I tweak some settings and it gets saved for that aircraft only?

Currently I think when I press save it overwrites the full generic jet profile which gets applied to all jets.

Many thanks !

I bought this sim shaker for aviators and just couldn’t figure out how to make it work . My technical skills computer and software wise is moderate . Overall , I wouldn’t purchase this unless you are above average skillful at figuring things out . That Evian said, Andre is available if you need help . He responded promptly to Al my emails but even with his emailed help,I still couldn’t get it work. Andre eventually offered to share screens and fix it on my computer but long story short , my PC tech guy had my PC at his house to work on some other things so I never got around to taking Andre upon his offer. I came across FS realistic and man , that was the bomb and worked better than I needed, so I never tried getting Andre back to set up the wing shaker sound effects software. Andre is a great guy . He will help you if you need .

Please do not mix my free SimShaker for Aviators with Andre’s payware addons! I’m not allowed to give support in this forum, therefore users must contact me via discord or mail

Hi there, just got a new buttkicker gamer plus and bought the aviators and sound module software. Is this the place for support or could someone invite me to a discord?

I appear to have everything setup correctly for the FBW a320nx using the generic jet engine profile. All feels good except for the jet engine, it feels like a prop engine and not a jet. Any ideas why?

Thanks!

1 Like

So I’ve been tinkering quite a LOT since I have received my setup. I also dislike the engine effect, and I have found that the following settings at least for now work best for me with airliners:

• On your buttkicker ampli: low filter cutoff ON (blue light on) - high cutoff freq 98 - Volume at 28
  • In the SSA settings: Engine Rumble/Piston Beat: 35

Give that a try and see if you like it. Here’s my full jet config:

It’s a work in progress :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m still not very happy with the rattling the moment I try to up the volume. Will try this mod and report on: Do this if you have a Buttkicker (Buttkicker LFE Mini Spacer/Rubber-band mod) : hometheater (reddit.com)

Hi folks, i use SSA with a jetseat in other sims several years. It’s a real gamechanger, especially in VR. So i want to use it in MSFS, too. Downloaded and installed the simconnect files, connection is green in SSA-Window.

As long as i stand on the ground, my SSA/Jetseat works properly. But in the moment skids leave the ground (i mostly fly helicopters)
silence. Only a little “brrrrt” now and then. Even in Debug-Window all values (except Pitch, Bank and Surface) falls to “0” when airborne.

Any suggestions/workarounds?

thanks in advance.

Wondering how many sound cards can be used by the sound module I have 6 shakers and a butt kicker spread over 4 amplifiers and 3 sound cards. Not willing to spend money or get involved with all the setting etc unless it will mange with my hardware

I think it only allows for 1 sound card so with your setup this won’t likely work.

Thankyou for reply

Well, I finally got around to doing this and
wow. No more rattling. Zero. And no need for the low cut off filter anymore, the effects are deep and so much better. The Buttkicker folks (Guitammer) should really take a clue here. Then again these are the same people who refused to sell me their products because I was outside the US :relieved:

At any rate, this is a great mod and if you do have some rattling issues or want to maximize your buttkicker, I highly recommend it!

1 Like

Just wanted to add
I decided after trying the sound module in demo mode to purchase it. Started through web page to make payment
website payment didn’t complete. Was given a message to instead contact the Dev at a specific email address.

Did that Saturday morning 2am Pacific time. Had a response back from Andre in under 10min. We determined payment procedure, i followed his instructions, made payment and had my activation key 5 minutes later.

Incredibly impressed with the responsiveness. Shot out to Andre.
Stay safe

2 Likes