SIMSTRUMENTATION - Free Air Manager Instruments for MSFS

MAJOR RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

After a LONG time in development, the full instrument set for the Aerosoft CRJ is now available.

This includes the full overhead and pedestal instrument collection, as well as the bezels for PFD / MFD and side panel.

Each knob and switch was meticulously hand crafted by our 3D modeller Jonathan, who does 3D modelling work for the film industry, for the utmost in realism.

Just like our CJ4 suite of instruments, these instruments are fully backlit, and when used in conjunction with our Ambient Light Dimmer instrument (can be found natively in the AM community store under GENERIC), these panels will darken and lighten with ambient light conditions, so you can have yourself an auto-dimming cockpit that darkens at night as it would IRL,
Overhead Day:

Overhead Night:

Pedestal Day:

Pedestal Night:

All these instruments, including pre-made panel layouts, can be downloaded at our GitHub page linked below. If you wish to download the instruments in 1 download vs downloading each instrument individually, scroll to the very bottom of the page to the EASY SINGLE IMPORT DOWNLOAD section for links to those files.

A great big thank you to @FLRob27 , @CaptainTick433 and Jonathan for their hard work on this amazing collection of instruments.

5 Likes

MAJOR RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT!! Flysimware Cessna 414AW Chancellor Essential Instrument Collection!

Another long-awaited instrument set is now available for download at simstrumentation.com. We’ve been diligently working on these gauges, switches and other controls for the past several weeks and we’re finally ready to release them to the public.

This includes all the essential gauges and switches required for operation of the C414AW. There’s a total of 27 instruments available.

They can be downloaded from our Github at Air-Manager/readme.md at main ¡ Simstrumentation/Air-Manager ¡ GitHub

Here’s a few samples of some of the instrument previews available.

Airspeed Indicator
preview

Altimeter

Cabin pressure knob

Cowl flaps

EGT

Garmin GFC600 Autopilot Overlay (requires popout for screen)

Radar Altimeter

5 Likes

First thanks for all those new gauges for my favorite plane on this sim.
They work great!

Noticed this on the manifold gauge, probably background that was left?

Also its not on this update but i tried the only fuel digital gauge for the 414 and its showing weird number, any idea? any chance you are adding one to this wave?

Another thing wouldn´t be possible to add some kind of metal panel we can use behind the gauges?
so those screws dont look so lost haha

Cheers!

1 Like

Not sure what you mean here.

The fuel gauge you have in that image is our fuel gauge for the 414. What issue are you seeing with it? In testing, it always matched that the fuel gauge in the VC was showing. If you’re seeing something different, please let us know.

As for a background, that’s so individual to users. It’s hard to make one that will work for everyone due to people having different layouts, screen sizes, etc. What I use for mine with a pair of 22" monitors likely wouldn’t work for someone with a single small monitor. That’s why we don’t make full panels. You could always select a grey background for your panel in Air Manager.

This is what I built for mine. It definitely wouldn’t work with your layout.

2 Likes

■■■■ thats so nice. would you mind sharing them? I use a 24" display. Im used to photoshop, so maybe i can edit or at least have some inspiration to try something.

About the manifold, look closer you will see on the edges there are some marks, only showning on this one specifically.

Im about to make some more tests to the fuel gauge and will let you know.

Would be cool to have some options available at least in some basic resolutions :wink:

Ahhh I really had to look to see that small edge I see it now. I’ll fix that ASAP and get a fresh version uploaded. Since I was using a light background, I guess I didn’t see that in mine.

Here are my 2 background images for left and right screens. The right has holes in it for the transparency for the GTN750. I guess if you only have 1 screen, you won’t be needing that one.

2 Likes

Appreciate buddy! I´ll look into making a similar one with a more rustic metal looking :wink:

Oh, and it’s less about resolution for layouts than it is about people using different layouts based on the physical size of their monitors. People with 15.6" screens (the most common for AM panels) won’t be able to use my layout because everything will be way too small.

It’s just much easier to let people make their own backgrounds as they see fit or just use a solid background colour. I have no issue sharing the ones I make for myself though as you can tell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the original PSD file if you want. The raised panels are all vector objects, so you can resize / move them around as you see fit. All the effects for bezels , inner shadow, etc are there as well so they’ll move with the panels. You can apply that rustic texture you speak of. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

sweet, ill try something for sure.

Quick question, best way to add them as background? i have no idea.

my setup for the gauges are a 24" and an iPad for the G5s, maybe ill make one for ipad as well…

Updated manifold gauge 1.01 is now on GitHub.

From the panel properties at the bottom, you can select the background colour or image for your panel.

I have mine set up as transparent because I have something extra going on. But for a solid background, that will work fine for you.

1 Like

i want to try the Garmin GFC600 Autopilot

That gets a bit more complicated. You need to cut a hole in the background image (like in my right panel
side image) for the sim popout to show through.

I would recommend watching @Sling380 's video on that.

Actually, I’d recommend watching his videos in general if you’re just learning to use Air Manager.

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-10-19 001019

i always get lost, how am i suppose to place this behind and fit perfeclty?

the moment i drop it on the screen i get lost. cant move it and cant get rid of that white border or i move all the gauges :confused:

Screenshot 2022-10-19 001402

Also have a problem when i use mouse over the second display with gauges the MSFS screen respond as well

My Digital Fuel gauge worked well. But when i change functions on the plane no changes on the gauge.

ALTIMETER got stuck on 2100ft after i reeched 5000ft.

The numbers for each screen size thing is an interesting debate. I actually wonder what the most common size is. Before Russ did that video about the Wimaxit branded ones almost no one was using the smaller 15.6”. I’m betting the longer time AM users have the larger screens as that was what was originally demonstrated and that demographic has now been diluted somewhat by the introduction of more affordable but smaller touch screens. I wouldn’t also mind betting that some are tempted to upsize like you did now they have the bug.

1 Like

You are correct that a background will be different for each user, but nevertheless, there is a “correct” layout for the instruments.

People may need to scale it up or down to fit their display, or may need to chop it into bits to fit onto several displays, but a convincing panel background would make a far better starting point.

You really need to watch that video I posted. It will tell you everything you need to know about running popouts with AM and correctly setting background images with transparency.

Once you have it set up correctly, have the correct holes cut out in your background image for popouts, etc, everything will layer properly and you won’t see the white header bar on the popout window.

I’m betting you’re probably correct. His video was the catalyst that drove that. And with others, myself included, having followed that path and been public with our stuff, that’s influenced others. And I still think it’s a good budget entry point for a lot of folks.

The other element at play is that the demographic of flight sim has also changed drastically. Traditionally, flight simming was a “Dad hobby”. Typically, middle age guys and up with more disposable income who didn’t mind spending that extra cash on their hobby. With MSFS, that age group (and available disposable income) has decreased drastically. So the availability of sub-$200 touch monitors, vs a single larger touch screen that can cost $400 and up is an attractive option to younger folks with a stricter budget.

But I can’t argue that bigger (to a point) is better. I recommend people get AT LEAST a 19" touch monitor now as a starting point if they can afford it. The 15.6 are still good, and I still stand by them as being a good budget choice. But if you’re really diving into this, bigger is definitely the way to go. You’ll eventually end up doing that anyway. You don’t really realize how you were missing the extra size and screen real estate until you have a larger screen.

2 Likes

Some good points there. I like that there is at least more choice now. At least I have a choice now for my pedestal. I’ll likely go 15.6” as that is just about right for what I need. Now I just need a new mb with dual gpu slots and I’ve got all the monitors I need straight into a gpu.

1 Like

15.6 is actually perfect for a pedestal for most planes. It would be a bit small for airliners, obviously, but for GA, it works great.

I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do with my spare 15.6. I plan on eventually using it in my cockpit again. I just have to wait until I move over to my more dedicated setup for extra physical space for it. I have the option of using it as an overhead, which will work for most GA planes that have limited overhead controls. The other option is to mount it in portrait mode on the left side of my 22" screens so that I have some extra space for side panels. Like the switch panel for C414 or C310 as an example.