SIMSTRUMENTATION - Free Air Manager Instruments for MSFS

Did you pop out the G1000 screen from the sim and place it / size it inside your G1000 bezel in Air Manager? Air Manager only provides the bezel to control it.

I applaud your initiative, many thanks. I wish I had the time to contribute to your efforts, unfortunately I can only limit myself to being a user. Cheers.

PS has anyone tested the new window snap feature in Windows 11 to remember our popout position?

1 Like

That feature is much like FancyZones, but not configurable. You have 6 pre-defined layouts to choose from and thatā€™s it. If you can get these layouts to be useful with popouts, then all the power to you. But I canā€™t personally see these layouts being of any use for MSFS.

Even this thing?

Iā€™m not sure. Someone would have to test that out and see if it works. I wouldnā€™t be holding my breath, but if it works, that would be outstanding. I suspect it remembers based on those available presets. But I could be wrong.

@Sling380 are you going to share that DA62 panel when done or sell it? The DA62 is my #1 twin in FS2020 and that panel would be great.
Would be happy to help test it also.

I also hope it gets released, either as free or payware. Iā€™d gladly pay for it as long as everything actually works.

Itā€™s unfortunate that so many folks make awesome panels / instruments but never share them because they donā€™t want their code or graphics reused. And I can understand that. Unless itā€™s payware from Sim Innovations directly, thereā€™s no way for end users to protect their work. Once itā€™s in the SI store, it becomes open source. And many people donā€™t want that.

Yes I have seen some great panels that are not shared or sold.
Mine are no where near that quality to sell or share yet. Maybe someday in the future. May be out of work in 3 weeks so maybe then I will take a little time to learn how to make better stuff.

1 Like

New V2.0 Garmin G1000 NXi instrument has been added.

This new instrument is compatible with MSFS only. All controls work as intended in the real unit with the default G1000. Map panning doesnā€™t yet work with the WT G1000 NXi as they havenā€™t yet added that functionality. When they do, it should work. And VNAV doesnā€™t work with the stock unit. Otherwise, all buttons and knobs do exactly what they would on a real G1000.

NOTE:

THIS IS A COMPLETELY NEW INSTRUMENT - if you have the previous version 1.0 of the the G1000 NXi I posted some time ago to my Google Drive and then to the Simstrumentation GitHub, you must remove it. This will not update the old one, but create a brand new instrument.

This new G1000 is 100% custom built. Coding is by myself, @FLRob27 , @Toddimus831. Sound effect design and 3D modelling of knobs by @Toddimus831. Graphics work by @CaptainTick433.

Instructions:

1. Download the SIFF file at this link: https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air-Manager/tree/main/Instruments/Generic/Generic-Garmin_G1000_NXi

2. Import the instrument into Air Manager (Air Manager ā†’ Import)

3. Place the G1000 onto a new or existing panel

4. Right click and select Configure to bring up the menu shown below. You will have the option of choosing whether you want the unit to be a PFD or MFD, whether you want the Simstrumentation or Garmin logo at the top of the bezel, whether you want to show the autopilot controls, and whether you want it to play sound.

@brlowe1965 - I know you wanted this.

5 Likes

Whoa! What a great job. Iā€™m going to pick this up this morning and give it a go.

Crunch, you and your team are an incredible group of folks and cannot be commended enough. The entire community owes you all a debt of gratitude. I wish I had the skills to contribute to your efforts but all I can really do is say thank you and if youā€™re ever down in the SoCal area look me up and Iā€™ll buy you a beer. :beers:

After a good amount of frustration and some confusion I finally got my DIY Knobster put together and functioning. It seems to be communicating with AM as it should and I can now begin to get some of the panels and instruments onto my two el cheapo Android tablets. Iā€™ll report back once I get this installed and running in the sim.

Thank you again good sir!

_1
So Iā€™ve installed it and it seems to be working beautifully. All the buttons are functioning on AM with the Knobster. Butā€¦the actual monitor is dark. Thereā€™s no output on my screen aside from the bezel and peripheral buttons. Should the monitor mimic the cockpit PFD?

You have to pop out the PFD screen from your game virtual cockpit (right alt + mouse click) and move it into the G1000 Bezel. The AM instrument only provides the bezel. You need the sim to provide the actual G1000 screen.

Ahh, got it. I probably shouldā€™ve known that. Thank you again Crunch :+1:

1 Like

Now you need the MFD on your other screen instead of steam gauges to have the complete G1000 experience. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, will do that. But Iā€™ve got issues with my tablets. They are disconnecting from Spacedesk after some interval of time and Iā€™ve not been able to figure out why. Also as soon as I touch one of the buttons on the bezel the display goes dark again and I have to fool with mouse clicks in AM to regain it. Iā€™m sure itā€™s just a setting I need to get right.

This is really amazing stuff though. The $50 tablets working with Air Manager and Knobster. I have the Alpha and Bravo (as you can see in the photo) but once this AM/Knobster and all the virtual panels get dialed in, the Alpha and Bravo will really only be needed for take off, landing and throttle control.

Weā€™ve come a long way with all this stuff and you guys who work in the industry amaze me. Iā€™ve been involved in computers since the early 80ā€™s but the technology has just steamrolled over me. I have trouble now just getting my internet to work sometimes. Iā€™m now retired and virtually have unlimited time to delve into this hobby but I struggle with basic stuff. Like the scripting in RPN and things like that. Iā€™d really like to learn it but I think those days are far behind me. Maybe not though, and Iā€™m still hoping to find the impetus to pursue it.

Thank you once again for all you give so generously. :airplane:

1 Like

RPN makes my brain hurt.

Brilliant stuff once again - as others have said, mega thanks to all those involved in Simstrumentation.
Have just imported the .siff files and the PFD and MFD look great.
Now to fly around the Scottish highlands in my favourite C172 G1000 craft.
Thatā€™s this weekend taken care ofā€¦ā€¦!
Regards, Alasdair (aka FlyBasherā€¦)

1 Like

Update for G1000 NXi bezel v2.01

Map panning now works with the WT G1000 NXi.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same issue as I did after the last G1000 update. I replaced the old instrument with the new v2.01 bezel. It looks great!!. The touch works as does my nobster but the inputs donā€™t seem to communicated with MSFS. I even updated the AM plug-in to version 3.7. Any suggestions?

Ken

Thereā€™s obviously an issue with AM communicating with the sim. THatā€™s not due to the instrument or an update though. Thatā€™s happening at the bridge program level. Iā€™d say to try a reboot of your computer to see if that helps.