Simulator freezes when clicking on fly

ISSUE DESCRIPTION

Description of the issue:
This problem is not consistently reproducible; since SU7, it initially occurred only with iniBuilds aircraft, but with version 1.9.13, it now affects other aircraft as well.

After clicking “Fly,” nothing happens. I have observed that data is initially downloaded over the network as usual, but then the download stops, there are no significant changes in memory usage, and one CPU core runs at 100% load.

Previously, I was accustomed to a delay of no more than ten seconds between the end of the network download and the start of the flight. Now waiting forever.

Restarting and loading the same aircraft at the same airport works without issues 90% of the time (except with iniBuilds aircraft). However, if you end the flight and use a different aircraft at the same airport, the problem recurs in 50% of cases.

FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Since the start of SU7, it happens 100% of the time with all iniBuilds aircraft.

With other add-on aircraft, it occurs 80% of the time on the first launch. Usually, the procedure described above resolves the issue for these.

I haven’t tested the default aircraft.

REPRODUCTION STEPS

  1. Select an iniBuilds Aircraft

  2. Select EDDM any parking position

  3. click on fly

YOUR SETTINGS

“If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the User Support Hub.”

The error also occurs with the stock iniBuilds aircraft (A310 and A321LR I’ve tested).

I think it is in everyone’s interest to keep this error reported here. Even though it apparently only occurs in conjunction with add-ons, it affects more than just one third-party developer; it is a bug in the core product.

Hi @Rennfrikadelle

When you say that the simulator freezes, do you mean that it just stays in a perpetual loading view without the aircraft spawning correctly? If so you’re likely reporting an issue that has already been reported here: Addon aircraft not loading anymore (inibuilds 350 and 340, FSS 727, PMDG 737) - Sim Update 7 Beta | MSFS 2024 / External 3rd Party Products - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

If so, this has already been bug-logged and should be fixed in an upcoming beta build.

Cheers
The MSFS Team

Hi Chewwy94,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, that describes the issue exactly. The aircraft isn’t appearing at its parking position while loading, as is usually the case.

It was a bit annoying because I had just expanded my fleet. I was only able to fly because the aircraft were also included in the 2020 version.

Cheers
rennfrikadelle