Simultaneous Button Assignments

I’d hope to have simultaneous and multiple button assignments to controls. Similar to the CTRL-S and ALT-V commands in Windows. A combination of two buttons is linked to a different command than each of the single constituents. We could greatly increase the functional control by using combinations of buttons rather than a single input. I read that Asobo had included the feature on an AvSim forum (Tips and Tricks), but I can’t seem to get it to work for me.

As an example: with 10 buttons available, buttons 1 and 2 could be ‘gateway’ buttons. Button 1 would have a linked control, as would Button 2. Button combination 1+3 would have a separate linked control, as would 1+4 and 2+3, etc. One peripheral, multiple linkages. Any chance?

Hi @JetNebula740509, and welcome to the forums.

I believe I understand what you are saying, but forgive me if I missed your point. You can already assign separate sets of commands to the same control settings as in this screenshot showing an example I made up for Set Pause On/Off. Is this what you mean?

Thanks for trying to help me. The screenshot did teach me, for sure. What I’m wondering is this: for that specific ‘Toggle Fuel Pump’ command, currently assigned two inputs from the keyboard, the ALT key and the ‘p’ key, could we instead substitute two inputs from another peripheral like a joystick or throttle, substituting for example, 'button 1" for the ALT key and 'button 2" for the ‘p’ key. I came across the idea on the AvSim forums but I can’t be sure that is available in the software. It it could be implemented we could increase the functionality of peripherals other than the keyboard.

Mainly, thanks for your help.

I’m not sure if you ever got this sorted, but I’ve been doing as you describe with both my Hotas One and my TCA Boeing yoke.

I use the trigger(s) as a “Shift” key, thus doubling (in the case of the Hotas) or tripling (in the case of the yoke) the use of all the remaining buttons.

1 Like