SimVenture Oshkosh 2021 - Fly to OSH with Actual Oshkosh ATC

2021-07-14T05:00:00Z2021-07-18T05:00:00ZSimVenture - PilotEdge.net

PilotEdge is proud to present SimVenture Oshkosh 2021 which will emulate the flight procedures associated with EAA’s famous AirVenture and allow pilots to fly into Oshkosh, with actual Oshkosh air traffic controllers, using a flight simulator.

Each year, over 10,000 aircraft flock to Oshkosh, Wisconsin’s Wittman Regional Airport for EAA’s AirVenture event. In order for Oshkosh’s airport to accommodate such an influx of air traffic throughout the week, EAA works closely with the FAA and the National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) to publish specific VFR arrival and departure procedures which pilots are required to follow.

These specific VFR procedures are published in a NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) and require pilots to conduct non-standard approaches and maneuvers into and out of the airport, while listening to fast-paced air traffic control and flying closer to other aircraft than most pilots have ever flown before.

PilotEdge’s SimVenture event will mirror EAA’s actual AirVenture event thus giving pilots an incredibly realistic experience of flying into and out of Oshkosh using the real NOTAM procedures.

9 Likes

I’m so excited to fly into Oshkosh for SimVenture 2021! Last year was an amazing experience, some of the most fun I’ve had with flight simulator. The live ATC using real world controllers and tons of other pilots flying really made me feel like I was there.

I can’t wait to fly in and see SimVenture and all the beautiful scenery in MSFS!!! :partying_face:

1 Like

It’ll be a great time, for sure! Be sure to share and tell your friends. The more people who come out for it, the better it’ll be for everyone!

Flew in last year and loved every minute of it! With everything that happened last year, this was absolutely the bright spot of my summer. Can’t wait to fly in again this year!

1 Like

Can’t wait! Going to be fun!

1 Like

Was there last year, and it was awesome! Getting the chance to fly the procedure and hear the real-world NATCA controllers was a once-in-a-lifetime experience! It’s fantastic to see that they are coming back again this year. Couple that with Pilotedge’s professional staff and you truly get an experience that is “as real as it gets.”

1 Like

I saw a preview of the New Oshkosh scenery for MSFS, specifically for this event. It looks fantastic! Will it be publicly available or is it only for those of us taking part?

1 Like

It’ll be specifically for PilotEdge users only so we can give our members a special treat!