Sitting on the sidelines watching the sim NOT go by

I have been a simmer since Flight sim 95,and have lived thru and “modded” thru some of the best and most frustrating moments in flight sim history. Patience and persistence are a virtue in many things, and flight simming is definitely no different. With many years of study and trial and error, I have come to be a fairly decent sim pilot I believe. My go to is the PMDG 777, flying into KEWR or KORD during busy hours.

I purchased the MSFS2020 on Aug 17, 2020 as soon as it was available, Premium Bundle. I have only about 18 hours, most of that is just waiting for it to launch only to end in CTD. After reading every post I could find, upgrading multiple PC’s, I am struggling to not junk this software forever. If there is any real time help out there, I could really use it. I bought this to further my enjoyment, not my frustration.

“Help me Obe Won Kanobe, you’re my only hope.”

Elton

If you have tried this on multiple PC’s with the same result, I would look into internet issues such as wireless vrs cabled connections (cabled is often better), router issues, or ISP issues.
One way to check ISP issues would be to try a good free VPN.

1 Like

What is the result, actually? A CTD?

To OP:
When? What are you trying?

He says this:

1 Like
  1. Do you have any mods in the community folder?
  2. What is your current hardware setup?
  3. What is your current Windows version?
  4. MS Store or Steam?
  5. What version is your sim currently?
1 Like

If you are running on a overclocked CPU/ GPU it may result in CTD’s, at least that’s my own experience with the Sim as the main reason of CTD. Else maybe a driver issue or even the XMP profile which you can turn off in the BIOS.

Sorry if I did not give more info, here goes.

|Processor|AMD Athlon Gold 3150U with Radeon Graphics 2.40 GHz|

|Installed RAM|12.0 GB (9.92 GB usable)|

|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|

Windows 11

nothing is over clocked

Hope this sheds some light, thanks

Um… not trying to be mean here, but the specs of your PC are TOTALLY inadequate for playing MSFS. Did you check the system requirements before buying? I’m not surprised at all the sim won’t run.

6 Likes

I felt the same until, some clever bloke came up with a registry mod, total game changer, why MS didn’t advise this I don’t know, I am now up to 90 frames at cruise, 55 at major airports. There are some smarter people than me on here and this latest tweak really improved the performance, silky smooth

There’s your problem. Your PC is painfully under the minimum prerequisite to run the sim at all. Its integrated GPU just doesn’t meet the minimum to run the sim.

2 Likes

Could you elucidate please and provide the link? Thank you very much.

Edit: found it thanks

I use ProtonVPN and it solved a downloading problem I had.

1 Like

No force on earth will make that PC run MSFS well.

2 Likes

Moved to #self-service:install-performance-graphics

Please see Minimum Requirements here.

Care to share?

Here is a link to the post.

You may find it quicker to do a search, in this case for “registry mod”, from the search magnifying glass, top right of each forum page.

1 Like

Search function isn’t so great on mobile for me and I’m sure that many others would brush across this topic and hope for a link to referenced fix too. :slight_smile:

Tried this. It did absolutely nothing on my end. That said, I wasn’t suffering from any catastrophic performance issues, but there was zero measurable difference for me from making this registry change.

And in any case, that point is moot in this thread. The OP’s computer is just way too underpowered to run MSFS.

The registry edit did nothing for me either.
I actually PM’d the original thread poster about his specs and never heard back from him.