SkyElite - a PFD + MFD for home cockpits

Same here. Plus it’s under further development. Watch out for version 1.3 in closed beta now.

Does anybody know how to configure SkyElite so that it opens with IP of target machine rather than localhost when used on a different device?

I’ve set up firefox with the IP but for some reason whenever it opens its localhost again.

Try to change, (“localhost”):7667 in the browser on the slave pc to the master ip adres example (“192.168.24.119”):7667 or of the (“computername”):7667 where you run msfs on.

You know I think I discovered the issue.

I had SkyElite also running on the slave PC and was launching the browser through that application.

If I just launch Firefox then it works exactly as I want - opens the IP+port rather than switching to localhost+port

I had already set the IP+port of target PC as the default home in Firefox, I guess it was the presence of the active SkyElite server app that was causing this to change to localhost.

1 Like

I agree with you, but i believe that you must run the server (without browser option) on the master pc. Because the master has to get the data to send it to the slave pc, for i do not know if it connects through the wasm, or simconnect.

Oh yes.
I was running the server on the master pc from the start.

I just didn’t realise that I didn’t need the software running on the slave also. Simply directing a browser to the IP and port of the master is enough.

For me this is the fun of the flightsim as well, although i do not have much knowledge software devellopment, it give me much more understanding or at least to see some logica how thing work on a pc. For example
If you have more lan ports or maybe lan and WiFi it might be handy to run the slowest option for the connection with the slave pc, while the fastest (which run msfs) kept dedicated to internet, for the simulator to receive data to feed it.

Interesting and much more affordable than AirManger (with the need to purchase touchscreens and knobster). Is there a way to connect something like a knobster to make the changes (AP etc) instead of using the mouse and keyboard ??

I don’t know if Knobster works (would be interesting if someone could answer). However, documentation includes a “SkyElite Knob User’s Manual” where usage of several AIMOS knobs (available via Amazon and cheaper than Knobster) is explained.

I didn’t try these myself yet, though.

Kind regards, Michael

It won’t. If you have a real SI Knobster, it can’t be used with anything else other than Air Manager. It;s locked into working with their software only.

If you have a DIY knobster, you can re-flash the Arduino to use it as a generic input device. Whether SkyElite accepts input from a rotary encore or not is another issue. I haven’t looked into it enough.

EDIT:

Briefly looked at the SkyElite page. Doesn’t say anything that would suggest it works with or takes input from external hardware.

2 Likes

you need to buy one and try it out and let me know !!! LOL

Not in any direct “input device>SkyElite>Sim” sort of relationship no.
(In my experience with it since earlier in the year at least)
It’s just reading the output from FS2020 and as long as any hardware input device is mapped in the sim…

I have found it quite useful to create instrument displays that don’t have as major a frame rate impact as popping out the instruments from the sim itself especially when set up on different monitors.

(I am open to other solutions for this though as I do note that there can sometimes be some lag with SkyElite and possibly all SimConnect type software where things don’t update.)

Not true. I use an AIMOS knob and it works just fine.

Nearly a year and a half ago when I wrote the post you just called me out on, it was correct info at the time. Apparently that’s now changed.

My post about the Knobster not working with anything but Air Manager is also incorrect in the context of today, as it can now be programmed wiht spad.next to use with other stuff. You couldn’t do that a year ago either.

1 Like