SkyVector

I have registered in SkyVector, and if I remember correclty there are general conditions mentionning that the user is supposed to use it for Real aviation and not for gaming.
I was a bit surprised but can understand it anyway.

Is there other web ressources similar to SkyVector and good enough for simulation then?

Really? I use it a lot. Do you have a link to that text?

Using Skyvector is fine to use for Flight Simulators just don’t submit a FAA flight plan. All its saying is that you should not officially file a flight plan for a simulated flight. As long as you are only using it on your machine and not submitting it as if you were really going to fly it you will be fine.

7 Likes

Thank you very much. This is what I did not understand I suppose.
Feel better to use it now, it is fantastic tool.

Sorry @lynhoffenmeyer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what constitutes as officially filing a flight plan?

when you go to the airport and file a flight plan to fly a real aircraft in real life

1 Like

Ah, thanks. :+1:

you can submit flight plans online but as long as you don’t file it you are fine.

1 Like

I prefer SkyVector to plan my flights but as has already been mentioned, don’t file as it is for real world pilots.

On the other hand SimBrief.com is for simmers! I just don’t use it very much. I have seen (as a VATSIM controller) other pilots use simbrief to actually ‘file’ their flight plan.

1 Like

Really though - there’s not much need to register on SkyVector, as you can use most all of it’s features w/o it. It’s a great resource - I love having charts, procedures, airways at my fingertips.

3 Likes

that’s what i though after registering myself…

A great thing about SkyVector is the ability to click on the icon underneath the time fields in the pop up box and choose from a selection of popular real world routes undertaken ie KSAN to KSFO etc, all of which respect air space restrictions.

2 Likes