Slow Startup Linked to Rolling/Manual Cache

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Checked.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Brief description of the issue:

Enabling rolling/manual cache causes slow Startup. Sometimes up to 40 minutes. It will not happen immediately when you enable it but after 3 to 4 start cycles. Size of cache is not the issue as the problem presents itself at all sizes.

Please help me figure this out as the cache is important to me to save data and also deal with a sometimes slow connection.

This is only happening since the recent world update. Is there anything I can try? Deleting and reenabling cache has been tried multiple times.

Cache exists on its own nvme ssd, issue occurs even if it is on the same drive as the game. Occurs with manual and or rolling cache.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not applicable.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Enable cache. Start the game, play and exit. Repeat this for abour 3 to 4 cycles.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Ryzen 5800x / 3080 / 32 GB ram. Game installed on 1 tb Samsung 970 Evo plus. Platform is x570. System is stable and optimized for msfs.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.17.3 - it has happened before but deleting the cache solves it for a long time. Like months.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

No I haven’t.

Game installed on its own drive or on same drive as operating system?

Rolling cache/manual cache located on same drive?

Page file (virtual memory) and hibernation file locations also on that drive?

If so, that’s a LOT of write cycles to a single storage drive. After a while drive wear and the location of that data across that drive is going to take a toll…